What's new

521000 miles on 2.2 idtec, WOW!

stellamon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i-DTEC
Just spotted this, what a great testament to this Accord model:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-accord-2009-2-2-idtec/123810315376?hash=item1cd3ab7c70:g:doIAAOSwIKZdDP28

2009 honda accord 2.2 idtec automatic estate. At 521000 miles you could say its high mileage!! I purchased it in 2012 with 19000 on the clock, since then i have used it as a private hire vehicle for airport and long distance runs. So all these miles have been accumulated running on motorways, not stop start journeys. Has been incredibly reliable, that's why i have kept it so long. Never had a car as comfortable, gearbox still smooth, fluid changed every 6 months by Honda. Air conditioning ice cold, also topped up by Honda every 6 months. Always had the engine oil changed early, appx every 8000-10000 miles, using a quality 0/30 oil. So ok mechanically. Drivers seat is worn, half leather, which has started to tear. Drivers armrest is also worn and torn. Rear passenger carpet is worn, which i have covered with another piece if carpet. Other than that, interior just needs a damn good clean, I've been using it as just a run around these past 2 weeks. Outside, one chrome strip in front grill is missing. Some marks/stonechips on the bodywork, but you don't do half a million miles without some battle scars! Tyres ok, comes with 2 sparje tyres with some life left in them. Radio/cd/aux input, ipod connecter which is great if you still have an ipod!! Otherwise you can plug a phone in via the headphone output. Bluetooth for calls. Space saver spare wheel. Tinted windows with privacy glass behind drivers door. Would suit someone who needs a reliable car with a comfortable drive, or someone that has the time / interest to tart it up. I have neither!! If you come to look at it, you will see it as it is, it wont have been vacuumed, or polished. But it would benefit from both!! But please keep the miles done in mind. Obviously sold as seen, no returns, cash on collection, all the usual blurb. Mot until november. It hasn't failed an mot yet! Recently had a new ball joint somewhere on front passenger side. Air con service and gearbox service by Honda around march this year. It's been sat on my drive gathering dust for a few days now, needs to go, though i shall miss it!!!

I’m running a 59 reg idtec auto these days and averaging maybe 900 miles most weeks and I can see it hitting big miles quite easily. Already on 175k now and I confidently go up and down the uk in it. When I left our car scheme it was a bit of an obvious choice.. not a particularly desirable car but perfectly adequate in every area and very dependable.

I've got the manual, less to worry about gearbox wise. Done 165k to date, doing oil change every 6k so should go to the moon n back.
I haven't done a gearbox oil change yet though (no gear problems, all smooth) and have no history of it being done, should this be on my to do list?

stellamon said:
I've got the manual, less to worry about gearbox wise. Done 165k to date, doing oil change every 6k so should go to the moon n back.
I haven't done a gearbox oil change yet though (no gear problems, all smooth) and have no history of it being done, should this be on my to do list?
Yep Definitely!!