What's new

6th Gen Fuel filter

AndyB1976

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 F18B2 CG8
Hello

I am trying to remove the fuel filter but am having difficulty in pulling off the quick release connection at the rear end of the filter.

Does anyone know of the plastic retainer tab should stay within the connector hose, or should it come off attached to the small inlet pipe.

I can see the outlet (front) pipe has the retainer in place so that is obvious, its just the rear one I don't want to break :eek:

Cheers

Andy

This is what's in the cd:

fuel.JPG

Cheers Iain ;)

The problem I have is the retainer isn't on the 'pipe' as per the diagram. I might have been sold it with the retainer missing but looking online for other fuel filters it looks like the retainer is on the other end..

Here is a pic of my filter....

fuelfiltercopy.jpg

Nice one!!

Did it come off attached to the old filter or was it retained in the connector hose? I just don't want to break or force anything as I'm not at home. :unsure:

Cheers

Nice one!!

Did it come off attached to the old filter or was it retained in the connector hose? I just don't want to break or force anything as I'm not at home. :unsure:

Cheers
As far as I recall it stayed in the hose. but it was over a year ago and I honestly cant remember

Sorry I am not much more help

Not yet. I was up at the caravan and intended to do it there, hence the fear of breaking the retainer and getting stranded :eek:

I'll probably give it a go in a few days and create a HowTo. Its seems relatively easy to do, 10mm bolts are still in place and still in one piece if a bit rusty. I pulled the 15amp fuel pump fuse and turned the engine a couple of time to see if it would depressurise the fuel line, aswell as undoing the fuel cap. I didn't have new crush washers for the damper so gave that a go - I'll only find out once the filter is off if any pressure remains.

Thanks again B)

it stays on the pipe, bur once you have got the filter off you can easily get the retainer off the pipe just by pulling apart the open end a bit

to get the filter off just squeeze the retainer & if you get stuck just press a screwdriver against the retainer where it clips on

Cheers for the advice on this guys, I have at last got round to doing this and have created a howto for it. http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12533-6th-gen-fuel-filter-howto/

thanks again,

Andy