What's new

85 ex r

amin

500th TA Member
Reaction score
Car
accord ex r sold
hi all, i took a few photos of my old accord for all you classic car fans, hope you like.
18122010150.jpg

181220101511.jpg

18122010152.jpg

18122010153.jpg

18122010157.jpg

18122010160.jpg

18122010161.jpg

18122010158.jpg

18122010162.jpg

That looks a lovely car there Mohammed.A good clean motor and like the snow shots.

here are the bad bits.
this is the worst door.
18122010156.jpg

wing is a different colour slightly.
18122010154.jpg

seat is a bit flat from the bloster.
18122010159.jpg

there are a few other minor spots but once a respray is done, it will look good.

also i was thinking of lowering it and putting a set of 17" alloys on. what do you think i sould do.

ps i will need a set of lowering springs if i decide to drop it so if any one knows where to get them from please let me know.

here are the bad bits.
this is the worst door.
18122010156.jpg

wing is a different colour slightly.
18122010154.jpg

seat is a bit flat from the bloster.
18122010159.jpg

there are a few other minor spots but once a respray is done, it will look good.

also i was thinking of lowering it and putting a set of 17" alloys on. what do you think i sould do.

ps i will need a set of lowering springs if i decide to drop it so if any one knows where to get them from please let me know.

Thats still minor things wrong for a car that age as you said with a respray she will look amazing.As for mods probably your best bet will be to speak to CJ.He will have a lot of no about this car.

Lovely model, you will probably find spring and tuning info here

http://www.3geez.com/forum/

It is an American site but with an international membership, has 1,2 and 2 1/2 G sections as well as 3g's ,

But if you see any modified 1g's don't let CJ see them (he doesn't understand, he's more a pipe and slippers kindaguy! :) )
John.

Mini that's a damn good car. When's it going to Captain's for the paintwork - I want to see it in the flesh?

To be honest I would say keep it totally original.

B)brett, john, paul, thank for your comments .

fahad, it should be in captains place in about 6 to 8 weeks.

ps i was there today and started the old merc ;) .

Man I can't believe that Merc is going - I thought it was just part of the sceneray then Caps told me yesterday that it actually has an engine in it!!

I was gonna come over today to take his beemer for wheel balancing but my wife had other ideas for me.. and my credit card.

I'm confused I thought the 3rd gen was the one after this built from 1986 to 1990 (the one before Marcus's) ?

I remember my good mates dad had a bright red one with PGM-FI and a DOHC engine and it was the daddy!!

CJ, I don't want to contradict but 2 1/2G (or 2g facelift) Checkout the boot/rear wings/doors/seat fittings and dashboard.

His car was exactly like this one!!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C195807/

YES I AM RIGHT :unsure: :D :D

Thank You John :)

THIS is a 3rd! And in my opinion the best proper Accord ever made. I also think the 7th gen takes a lot of its design cues from the 3rd.

1708741.jpg

Give it up son :unsure:

ok fellers chck this out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Accord#Second_generation_.281982.E2.80.931985.29

Haha yes, 2nd gen refresh is what you have Mini i.e. 2 1/2g

I know a third Gen (F plate?) that needs some TLC that is coming up for sale soon. Think it has had one careful owner (seriously) and the only major fault was some electronic failure a few years ago. Other than that it is just age damage and wear.

CJ the info on Wiki is mostly correct, but that pic I've posted is definitely a UKDM 3rd there were loads and loads of these flying around Bradford in taxi and just regular cars - very very popular with the asian community.

well accord,ing to wikipedia it is a 2nd gen face lift, and i think areodecks started in 86/87.

this is my other accord areodeck which has been parked up for over a year.
so this is a gen 3 then yeh.
18052009176.jpg

18052009178.jpg

18052009180.jpg

Yup that Aero is a 3rd and that proves my point, look at the lines/design and interior it's the same as the 3rd gen saloon I posted!

Cj you total numpty :unsure:

These are the clocks from that Red saloon 3rd gen, they're the same as Mini's Aerodeck :unsure:

1708747.jpg

His car was exactly like this one!!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C195807/

I loved these Accords, my uncle had one and I remember it to have the lightest steering i've ever felt. The power steering was amazing on them. Wipers on the headlamps thats the way it should be.

Amin your car looks amazing bro, i'm sure I have seen it in Leeds, which part of Leeds are you from?

Nice example of a gen 2 saloon.

I'd really like a gen 2 hatch with the EL engine

Snow would be a killer for any Accord made before 1990.

I'll dig out some pics of my 87 EX i I had aged 18 wipers on headlights the works.

87EX.jpg

(Not bad a 2.0i at 18 insurance was a killer)

Off down to Lincoln tomorrow to look at a 1984 Civic "S" Really shouldn't but the money might be right. (bug*er just been told it's sold) 4:10pm

I loved these Accords, my uncle had one and I remember it to have the lightest steering i've ever felt. The power steering was amazing on them. Wipers on the headlamps thats the way it should be.

Amin your car looks amazing bro, i'm sure I have seen it in Leeds, which part of Leeds are you from?
shabz: harehills

Nice example of a gen 2 saloon.

I'd really like a gen 2 hatch with the EL engine

Snow would be a killer for any Accord made before 1990.

I'll dig out some pics of my 87 EX i I had aged 18 wipers on headlights the works.

87EX.jpg

(Not bad a 2.0i at 18 insurance was a killer)

Off down to Lincoln tomorrow to look at a 1984 Civic "S" Really shouldn't but the money might be right. (bug*er just been told it's sold) 4:10pm

These 3rd gen Accords were such good looking, sleek saloons - they made BMWs and Mercs from the same vintage appear ridiculously boxy!