What's new

8th Gen Niggles

apintofmild

Members
Reaction score
Car
Golf GTD
I'm guess the answer is 'don't be ridiculous' to all of these, but if I don't ask I'll never know...

Is it possible to disable the annoying beeping when the key is in the ignition and the door is open?

Once on, can the sat nav screen be turned off? It goes off on it's own if you don't press 'ok' within a few seconds of the ignition going on, but I can find no way of doing it if you've already pressed 'ok'.

Can the double-press-to-unlock all the doors be disabled? Unless you're in car-jacking territory I think a single press is adequate.

1 and 3 might be possible with the hds but I've never tried so won't know until I plug in

on the 7th gen you can turn off the satnav screen by pressing from "black-on-white" to "white-on-black" then one more press and it goes "black-on-black" (= totally dark LOL)

Yeah if you push the night/day button a couple off times the screen goes off (or at least I think it does, I'll try it the next time I'm in the car ).

I agree with the locks, it can be a bit annoying, especially with the power tailgate, I have to push unlock twice, then push the nboot button.

And the beeping is annoying, you can't put the radio on without the ignition on, but with the ignition it beeps if the door is open, so can have the radio on when you working on the car.

One down, two to go!

Night day button works as advertised. Pressing a nav control button (i.e. to start using it again) brings the screen right back on :)

On the 7th gen, if you just don't click ok the "OK" button on the startup health and safety message the screen goes dark after about 30 seconds. I've taken to only selecting the "OK" if I actually want to use the Sat Nav.

Same.
I use nav to get me to familiar ground, then use my own (limited!) sense of direction from there. If it's dark outside (even in night mode) I find it distracting being lit up when it doesn't need to be.
Sorted now though.