What's new

8thgen tourer roof rail removal help

Trevor type s

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord tourer
Hi folks thanks for accepting me to forum, I’m after some advice,I’ve got water coming in on roof lining , I’m wanting to take roof rail off followed by trim to check for leeks, I’ve took the screen trim off and snapped clips while doing it, think il just glue that back on when I’m done . My question is how do u take the roof rail off ? Can’t see any videos anywhere . Car is accord mk8 tourer type s 09 reg. many thanks in advance

Hi folks thanks for accepting me to forum, I’m after some advice,I’ve got water coming in on roof lining , I’m wanting to take roof rail off followed by trim to check for leeks, I’ve took the screen trim off and snapped clips while doing it, think il just glue that back on when I’m done . My question is how do u take the roof rail off ? Can’t see any videos anywhere . Car is accord mk8 tourer type s 09 reg. many thanks in advance

sorry no drawings
Roof Rail Replacement

For Some Models
NOTE:
  • Take care not to scratch the covers, the roof rail, and the body.
  • When removing components, use the trim tools or equivalent.

1. Pull the front cover (A) forward to release the tabs (B, C) and the hook (D), and remove the cover from the front bracket (E) by pulling it up.

A
B
B
C
E
D
(2)
(1)

1. Pull the rear cover (A) rearward to release the tabs (B, C), and remove the cover from the rear bracket (D) by pulling it up.

C
C
A
D
B
B
(1)
(2)

1. Pry out the notches (A) with the appropriate trim tool, and remove the center cover (B) from the center bracket (C).

A
B
C

1. Remove the roof rail (A).

-1.​
    Remove the nuts that secure the front bracket (B) and the rear bracket (C) to the body.​

-2.​
    Remove the bolts that secure the plate (D) on the rail to the center bracket (E).​

Fastener Locations
: Nut, 4
: Bolt, 2
6 x 1.0 mm
13 N·m
(1.3 kgf·m,
9.4 lbf·ft)
6 x 1.0 mm
13 N·m
(1.3 kgf·m, 9.4 lbf·ft)
A
D
B
E
C

1. Remove the nuts, then remove the center bracket (A) from the body.

Fastener Locations
: Nut, 2
6 x 1.0 mm
13 N·m
(1.3 kgf·m,
9.4 lbf·ft)
A

1. If necessary, release the hooks (A), then remove the front pad (B) from the front bracket (C) and the rear pad (D) from the rear bracket (E).

C
B
A

E
A
D

1. If necessary, remove the center pad (A) from the center bracket (B).

1. Install the roof rail in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the tabs of the covers are installed securely.

A
B

good write up. I did mine earlier in the year. Worth doing even if they are not leaking at the moment, as they surely will.