What's new

A/C button don't work on OEM SatNavi

morpheous87

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 7
Hi,

I've bought recently a new for me :) Accord 2004 2.2. i-CTDI. It has an OEM SatNavi console and I saw there are some problems with it.
First the A/C button doesn't do anything. On the monitor nothing is changed and no A/C options are displayed (fan speed, airflow etc.) It seems to be some button fault, but I want to ask is it possible to be some software problem in the console itself? I'm suggesting that because it acts strange time by time. What I mean, sometime one radio station is stucked and I'm unable to chage it. Neither the CH button is working, neither Seek button. I will try tomorrow with some hardware reset :D :p I will unplug my battery for a while and see what will happen after. Any other suggestions will be welcome :)

Welcome to the forum. Not heard of the Air con packing up in this way. Yes, the screen fails on the Sat Nav units, but the other controls still give some manipulation of the air con. Not read of a problem like this before. Will be interesting to see if anyone else has had this issue. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help out.

Is this an aftermarket Chinese unit that replaces the oem unit? Could also be a faulty aircon relay

F6HAD said:
Could also be a faulty aircon relay

^^ This. If the A/C doesn't engage due to low pressure and/or relay, then the Nav buttons appear to do nothing. Not a fault with the Nav unit itself, but just how it reports it. Get the A/C unit tested.

Guys, read the top text again. The radio gets stuck as well, so it has nothing to do with the aircon. I reckon it's the satnav itsself

So after removing car's battery the radio isn't stucked any more. It works fine (for now). But the A/C button doesn't change the displayed page on the monitor. The aircon itself is working well, I can turn it off/on and change the temperature. But I'm unable to see the page on the monitor where I can change the fan's speed and the airflow.

Ah ok - sorry I misread what you had said.

From what Steven has said, it does sound like the head-unit. Is there a factory reset option somewhere in the unit - you could try that?

jayok said:
Ah ok - sorry I misread what you had said.

From what Steven has said, it does sound like the head-unit. Is there a factory reset option somewhere in the unit - you could try that?
I have no idea, if someone has some info about factory resest, let me know :) If I have to summarize - everything is working I'm just unable to regulate the fan's speed and the airflow.

If your aircon works on the "Auto" button (external from the satnav-console) then yeah try a reset of the satnav-console to see if that makes the virtual buttons work. Could also be a problem with the touch-screen, I've noticed that the touch-screen on my car is weird though only for a few seconds and not often.

I think one video will be more explanatory :) From the video I have some questions:

- in System History tab there are some events - How to read these values and see what are they meaning? ( I saw something for "14" - 14 IAC Valve (Idle Air Control) defective circuit or unplugged defective sensor)) Which sound appropriate for the problem. Is it right?
- in Car Status what are VSP, BACK and ILL and why they are set to OFF?

I did Force Download from the DVD disc and it ran well.

P.S. As far as I read IAC Valve (Idle Air Control) isn't related with the aircon :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtms0QsfHD8

morpheous87 said:
- in Car Status what are VSP, BACK and ILL and why they are set to OFF?

I managed to find what these are meaning and seems they aren't problems. And they are not related with the A/C Button problem.

And one more clue. I saw this thread - http://hondakarma.com/guides/satellite-navigation-system-diagnosis-test.35/

Here the diagram for the System Link tab is this one - http://hondakarma.com/attachments/7th-gen-navigation-system-diagnosis-test-hk2-jpg.13530/

As we can see there is and Aircon block, witch is missing on my System Link tab -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtms0QsfHD8#t=73

ahhh didn't realise you meant the main "real" A/C button, I thought you meant the "virtual" button that you would see in the menu if you could get to it.

No idea why that button is not working :mellow:

Hi, On the air- con tact, I have 04 tourer, dealer says air con not working due to fault at central consol £4500 :eek: its all working back to that :huh: Could diognostics cure this?? sorry to swerve off a bit.
Flash

Hi I have a similar problem to flash's post above, bought a 2006 honda accord, air con button on unit isn't connecting with the air con system. Honda ran diagnostics for 3 days but couldn't fix. Suggested I buy the unit, gave me the part number but I can't find the exact match anywhere, any suggestions welcome