What's new

A few questions for Accord owners...

emkay

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Jazz
Hi All,

It's James again :D ...you can read more about me in the newbie section. I would like to ask a few questions for you Accord owners out there. I am pretty much sold on this car but have a few questions...(btw its a 57 or 08 EX c-tdi that I am interested in)

1) Does the sat-nav have an means of updating the maps/can you update it/how much does it cost to do this?

2) Can you play mp3s on the Premium Sound System? Is there any port to plug in ipod/mp3 player etc?

3) Are there any cast-iron faults/recalls that i should be aware of to check with the dealer to see if they have been sorted?

4) Does anyone have the 17" Penta-style alloys that some have complained of road noise and tramlining with? What is your experience? Does it make the ride less comfortable/noisier?

5) Do any functions apart from the satnav operate through it? i.e. if i remove the satnav in-favour of a DIN-based cd player will I lose functionality of bluetooth etc?

6) How highly would you recommend buying from a honda dealer? Ive had good experiences although servicing/parts border on extortion! I've seen two near identical Accords same year/mileage, one from a car supermarket and one from a honda dealer, both with fHSH and the price difference is £2300. What would you choose?

Alot of questions I know! ;) Feel free to answer some or all. As always, all opinions are welcome :)

1- Yes, new DVDs,
2- No , Xcarlink or FM transmitter or ICE system.
3- Clutch and Manifold - plenty of info here, none deal breakers IMHO
4- I have them, no problems experienced - look great with graphite car and painted callipers.
5-Dunno, but it also has AC functions and diagnostic display.
6-Depends on the dealer, but you would also benefit from a Honda warranty so may be worth the premium.

Don't forget your Elite remap as soon as the warranty expires ;).

Dan, didn't you say in a different thread that you can buy a Honda warranty for not much money?

There was one recently, but I am unsure whether they will for a car that has been out of warranty for a period. The Honda website is remarkably vague on the whole thing.

If it was me and you are happy with both cars for cost, history and spec I would get all info from supermarket on that car and then phone a Honda Dealer to see if they would cover the car under warranty as only £250 if not Defo go Honda Dealer.

I've had too much trouble over the years buying cars from big garage but not dealer and then having problems getting small things sorted, this is just what I've experienced over the years, not everyone has same problems.

On the other hand I have haggled a lot of money off Honda dealers over the last couple of years, I've had 4 Hondas and not paid the ticket price on any of them.

Thanks all for your replies :lol:

Does anyone else apart from Dan have the penta 17" wheels and what has your experience been of the ride comfort/noise/tramlining?

Regarding the known faults, would I be wise to check with Honda/other dealer whether these have already occurred and been fixed before buying the car, or should I just keep an eye out for the problem once bought? And are these problems all covered by warranty? Thanks...

I've just taken some off my car, no problem with them at all.

Only cars I've ever had this problem with are 4x4 Impreza and Lancer Evo's to be honest, never on a fwd car and I've had a few with 19" rims. I've just changed my Penta's for 18" and no problems.

Pentas here as well. Comfort is fine, but then I can`t compare them with anything else as I`ve always had Pentas on.

I do get some tramlining and noise but I`ve always put it down to tyre choice, wasn`t aware it was caused by the Pentas

No issues with Pentas at all. All good tyres though so not sure if linked to lower treads.