What's new

A Spec suspension Spring rates.

93 accord

The 4th gen'er
Reaction score
Car
1993 Accord CB3
I would like to know if someone knows, or can get hold of the Front and Rear spring rates for this kit?

Dont worry i know the kit is for 7th gen only, but ive been talking to someone, and they reckon the spring rate is only 10% stiffer!?

Also i suppose if you guys have the stock suspension rates for the 7th gen?

If it's ten percent then it is was the good ten percent. Had a great blast down some lanes this afternoon and loved every corner and undulation.

If it's ten percent then it is was the good ten percent. Had a great blast down some lanes this afternoon and loved every corner and undulation.
Watch those speed cameras Dan :ph34r: :lol:

Also dont forget it comes with different matched dampers, therefore the spring and damping effect will be very different to the stock system.

These lanes are far away from nasty cameras. Proved Parkers wrong a couple of times though. Of course that part was private track :D

These lanes are far away from nasty cameras. Proved Parkers wrong a couple of times though. Of course that part was private track :D
Of course mate iv done the same thing on track :ph34r:

Well I've been talking to someone who says Diesel technology was invented by Toyota :rolleyes:

Doesn't make it true :lol:

By the way I don't know the answer to the question, but as my car has driven on A Spec for almost 3 years now I can say with some confidence it ain't 10%

Cool, Ive not ridden in a A spec'ed 7th gen, so im in no position to comment, but the general feeling is that this 10% this guy is talking about maybe wrong.

Maybe Honda know the rates and willing to say?

Your friend may be right,
Factory:
Front 280
Rear 175

A-Spec
Front 308
Rear 193

Eibach are also 10% stiffer but softer on the rear but think they are progressive so stiffen up somewhat

Makes sense to keep normal travel stock like, The dampers are where its makes the difference and lower cog

aha, good man Sal!

so it is 10%, interesting.

yes agreed with that small increase in spring rates, the biggest difference will be in the damping then.

Sal where do you get those figures from mate?

I shall have to find me some humble pie :wub:

There was a big compilation of spring rates on the tsx forums, they seem to know there onions.
I don't know if our stock are the same rates, but i'm sure the A-spec will be so unless the stock ones are like jelly I would say those figures are some what correct.

Here's a list of some- ones with two figures are progressive rates?

Stock - 280F/175R
A-SPEC - 308F/193R
Comptech 110-155 - 315F/170R
Eibach Pro-kit - (1)308F/131R (2)371F/217R
Neuspeed Sport Spring - (1)?F/?R (2)365F/200R
Tein H. Tech - 320F/190R
Tanabe Sustec - 447F/224R
TEIN Basic and SS - 559F/336R
TEIN FLEX (JDM) - 559F/336R
Buddy Club - 672F/448R
TEIN FLEX (USDM) - 783F/448R

Good for reference