What's new

ABS fault diagnosis

muckypup

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Aerodeck
I am trying to find the Data Link Connector on my RHD Accord Aerodeck, to diagnose an ABS fault. Its a 1995 / 96 model and OBD 1 i think. I am going to resistance test the wheel speed sensors but i would like to confirm my diagnosis with the flash codes. Basically the fault is, ABS light comes on with ignition, goes out when engine is started (self test?), warning lamp comes on at around 10 - 15mph. I think this will be one of the wheel sensors. I have found a yellow plug connector with 2 grey wires drivers side footwell, but not sure if thats for the SRS - airbag system? ANy ideas anyone?

TIA

OK. Checked the continuity. Front sensors should be 700-1000 ohms. Rear, 600-900 ohms. i've got 843 & 844 ohms on front, NSR is 687 ohms but OSR is open circuit. I need to find a OSR wheel sensor! ( I would still like to find the Data link connector though )

Not sure which number you need, but we have;
CE2
e11 * 93/81 * 0036 * 00
1HGCE27300A200105

Thanks for the reply

short out the connector and watch how many blinks the abs light makes, I can post you the pdf from the
factory manual which tells you what the code means. Will tell you whether it is a wheel sensor and which
one it is. I have a 97 cd7 coupe 2.2 ies with a faulty near side rear wheel sensor.

cheers

tony