What's new

AC compressor part No. Apologies for post length!

Turri79

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2008 2.2 cdti
My compressor has once again been diagnosed as dead. My last replacement was done on a warranty and so have no idea of brand fitted. I have decided to try and find a reputable replacement that may last longer, who knows! I've narrowed it down to either DENSO or nissen
I am struggling with part numbers as after many hours of research and phone calls to Honda Cox motor parts the oem part number for Accord 2008 2.2 compressor is 38810RMAG01. They also quoted me £1200 for the genuine part! which the guy told me they never sell, no surprise there.
DENSO part catologue website doesn't seem to mention making the part for my car and yet Cox told me that the part number also applied to the CRV which is important later, bear with. I know the cdti CRV has the same engine.
Numerous part websites on a Google search will request number plate entry to supposedly confirm that part is correct for model. The nissen part is confirmed for my accord and others including CRV engine code N22A2. Denso part number that i believe may also fit is DCP40003. All of these sites say the denso part doesn't fit my car but DOES fit the CRV with the same engine code. How can nissen part fit the same model CRV and yet the denso apparently only fits the CRV and not the accord. Image wise both parts look nigh on identical in dimensions and appear to be be same specification. Honda Cox said there Honda part number was from the bible, was correct and applied to both models. Denso part says it is replacement with Honda oem number. Yet every site says wrong part, surely this isn't right?

Thanks? I don't think this answers my question. Sorry, i would like the denso pump, just trying to figure it out if it actually fits the accord. I'm 99% sure it will, just wondered if anyone knew?.