What's new

accord 2.0 i vtech 2003 ,Sport air filter and intercooler

kamiljanikjoul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Executive 2.2ictdi
Hi everyone

i got some questions about 2.0 i vtech from 2003 .
My father want to do some tuning on it.he found out some info about Replacing air filter for kind of sport one and also to fit inter cooler . for me its sound strange but i thoug ill ask .
does enyone heard anything about it?

thanks

If it's a 2.0 i-vtec petrol, there will be no intercooler. It's a NA engine.

Perhaps an intake such as K&N Typoon, with a cat back exhaust will be the best route.

so there is no chance to add inter cooler to the system.
what about to change air filter for sport one? the main thing is he would like to get more power (horses)
with K&N Typoon, will he get more power. i know that remap will give him about 12 horse power more ,any chance to reach more?

Not without spending serious money and major engine work. the typhoon will sound great though !

so if he do remap and change K&N Typoon with a cat back exhaust it will improve the power .
do you think remap and K&N Typoon with a cat back exhaust its ideal for it?

also how many hore power can it get from K&N Typoon with a cat back exhaust ?

just want to give him idea.

thanks

Adding an open element, pod filter like a K&N on the intake will not add you much power (maybe 1 BHP), but will get you more noise ;) . Having a full Cold Air Intake kit might gain you a little more BHP. Fahad did a before-and-after on a K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake kit on his brother's 2.4 a couple years back and it got about 8BHP or so. But that's on the 2.4. You're talking about a 2.0 which is about 40BHP down on the 2.4, so I don't know if the increase would be the same, or even similar.

Exhaust will always help the engine breathe a little better, thus releasing a few horses, but probably won't be big gains. Nothing you'd notice unless you're on a dyno.

But if I'm honest mate, the 2.0 is not a very powerful engine. It's a superb engine for a daily driver, family car. It's very reliable and delivers the power it has well. But even if you run a cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust and remap, you won't see much power gain because of the kind of engine it is (Naturally aspirated, built for economy). It's not the same engine from the 2.0 Euro R, so don't expect to easily get it up to 200+ BHP with a few bolt on mods. What you can improve is the power curve and make more noise which will make the car a more engaging drive, but if you focus on the BHP numbers, you're going to be very disappointed. I've done cold air intake, exhaust and ECU remap on my 2.4 and have no idea what horsepower my car has. Moreover, I don't care. The car feels like it has more grunt, is a very engaging drive and sounds lovely.

What's perhaps more important however is handling. Don't underestimate what a brilliant chassis the Accord has. A remap (if you can find one for a 2.0), cold air intake and custom exhaust will probably cost you the same as a set of coil overs. Get the car on coil overs. It'll get you the most performance gains for your money in my opinion. The only issue is you can't measure coil overs performance gains in BHP :rolleyes: .