What's new

accord 2006 2.2 remapped feels slugish

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
Well guys iv had the accord remapped to stage 1 egr off a while back at the ace cafe... after remap it felt brilliant. Recently about last 3-4 weeks its been feeling a bit slughish...like somehow its gone back to stock??? Now my clutch is slipping here and there but nothing too trouble some.. plenty of air in tires serviced done too ...so what could it be...really baffled...am I use to the new power??? Do I need stage 2??? Help would be greatly appreciated guys..

Bro your probably getting used to the power

Has your fuel economy got worse recently? That might indicate a problem. Maybe it needs to go on a HDS for a full check? A stage 2 will definitely finish off the clutch!

Toffee_pie will be along soon to say you need a petrol :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

I've felt the same Sufi, sometimes it's fine, sometimes it lags a lot. My fuel economy has dropped once again (420ish miles to a full tank) even though I've been driving like a learner :blush: - but I put that down to my dmf needing to be replaced. (don't know how true this is, just making myself believe that to make me feel better :lol:)

On the other hand, since I'm replacing my clutch and dmf, Stage 2 is definitely happening :D

Transmiission problems will always affect your economy, and general enjoyment of the vehicle. Without diagnostics, it's a guessing game..

If there was a serious problem, you'd have an engine light and probably limp mode.

Well guys thank you for the replies :) fuel economy is still great :) 42-45 mpg :) the car is now sitting on 88k and never has the clutch been done ... use to the power maybe brett as similar thing happended with my rx7 (even on dyno it was producing same power but to me felt sluggish lol) the turbo is lively as ever (my turbo has been lively lol) might be the clutch/dmf ...if it is then I might have to get cg one as im currently trying to figure out if the accord can go twin turbo setup (like a sequential bi turbo at manifold) then a custom map will defo have to be done to let both turbo's kick in at certain rpm/air fuel ratio...just wondering if there is something wrong or is it just me again...sibby who doing clutch work buddy :).

You could try a different petrol station. Im sure my car went the other way. The mpg shot up for no reason. I put it down to the station using super fuel in all pumps due to shortage?

You could try a different petrol station. Im sure my car went the other way. The mpg shot up for no reason. I put it down to the station using super fuel in all pumps due to shortage?
Thats a very good point I usally fill up with bp ultimate as this seems to be the best performer for me ...will try a different pump...

sibby who doing clutch work buddy :).
I'm getting it done by some relatively unknown dudes by the name of CG Motorsport.. It's worth a risk :p I joke. :lol:

I'm going for the 8 paddle with a SMF conversion. I'll write an update when it's fitted and will update it as I continue to use it :)

I'm getting it done by some relatively unknown dudes by the name of CG Motorsport.. It's worth a risk :p I joke. :lol:

I'm going for the 8 paddle with a SMF conversion. I'll write an update when it's fitted and will update it as I continue to use it :)
Good stuff bro let me know how you get on and f8nd the smf....

My MPG went down, but I found it was the tyres; one of them was bald on one side. New tyres + warmer weather and it got way better.

My MPG went down, but I found it was the tyres; one of them was bald on one side. New tyres + warmer weather and it got way better.
Agree with you there much better to drive in warmer weather...