What's new

accord cc7 questions

dan4

Members
Reaction score
Car
350z
I'm going to look at one of these as a track toy, its a 2.0i LS I'm unsure what engine that makes it?

What coilovers or suspension options are there? compatibility from other Hondas maybe?

Best bang for buck engine swap/tuning options...

Weight of these standard, il be hurting it at some point

Stock size of brakes and again what is compatible

I had a CC7 for 13 years until last year, lovely car, but i wouldn't have tracked it!

Was lowered on PI springs and they stood up to the test well, had them on a good 6, maybe more, years and the stock shocks were fine. You'd need coilies for the track though, choice is very limited from what i recall.

At least look to the 2.3SR (160bhp), or an H22 transplant (190-210bhp), the CC7's F20Z1 only kicks out 131bhp, although it does respond to breathing mods.

There is very little compatibility with other Honda's (other than the engine swaps) as it was a bit of unique EU only car under a joint Rover project (Rover 600).

Gear boxes and steering racks are the common major week parts.

I went to view, god i dont remember them being that sluggish. Il rethink the track car idea!

What is your price range? Why not look into the 6th gen? They're getting pretty good value nowadays.

What is your price range? Why not look into the 6th gen? They're getting pretty good value nowadays.

£1000

Whats going to be so much better about the 6th gen though, apart from more weight which is no good for track

Was thinking more along the lines of a modded atr, but if all you have is a grand, then it ain't an option.

You can pick up a 4th 5th and a 6th gen for under £1000 easy.

I would say though if you get a 4th or 5th gen, you might get it for 500 say but youll need another 500 minimum making sure it is track worthy.

With a 6th gen, theres a greater chance its trackable straight away but you will be paying closer to £1000 for it anyway.

When i say trackable i mean safe enough to be driven hard, not all setup with tyres brakes suspension etc etc. Thats further costs.

However you have choosen a good car to track, Accords are bullet proof. Remember 6th gen and newer Accords are over the 1400kg mark which is heavy, my 4th gen only weighs 1225kg i think a 5th gen is not far off that either.

Your a Jap man anyway you know, you have a 350z which is also a great car! why not just drive that, i would!

JDM 4th Gen BB4 (2WS) 2.2 Vtec Prelude, can be got for well under £1k, comparable performance to the ATR and lots of tuning goodies available!

or an mb6 1.8(170bhp standard) vti civic they are going cheap,and plenty of engine mods available for the b18/16's check out this site for more ideas:

http://www.civic5.com/

Id have thought a gen 5 weighs more than 1250kg?! The gen 5 i found is destined for the scrap yard if i dont buy it so we are talking a few hundred £, a clean gen 6 fetches barely more but the extra weight lets it down

Ive found a bb4 at £500 which is very untidy but mechanically sound so its a good option but i think im set on an eg albeit they are difficult to find unless they have a 1.5 in them which is not exactly ideal as i cannot be bothered with engine swaps

The 350z is for sale, its a nice usable everyday car not a trackcar, they are worth too much at present

Ive owned an mb6 before, never again, they are just a bad as the rover that shares its shell

The only expenditure that is really going to be large is a set of cut slicks and possibly a little on suspension. Most stock brake setups with good front pads are enough

My old CC7 is up on ebay, currently at £106! Fantastic car, although it needs a replacement gearbox.