What's new

Accord Diesel Serviced

nokia

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen IDTEC Saloon
Following the purchase of my sisters accord diesel, I decided to give the car a full service. I went to Pitstart garage in NW london. I rented a ramp and use of all their tools for £80+vat for a whole day, 8am until midnight. I took some of my own tools along too, but to be honest, they were pretty well kitted out, and some of the tools have not been used before!!! I used genuine honda parts and fluids for everything I replaced. By the looks of it, the Fuel Filter has not been changed for a while, despite the car having a major service at a Honda Dealer!!!! So, to be on the safe side, I changed absolutely everything. Heres a few pictures of the car and it being serviced. Perhaps we could have a club meet at pitstart garage if theres enough interest.

oil filter housing:

There is no way this FF was changed recently

New and old, spot the difference?

This is why you should have your brake fluid changed:

Paul at the service desk, friendly and helpful

Free use of pitstart tools:

Tracking being done on a hunter machine:

That's a great idea. There's on for mopeds in Huddersfield but nothing for cars. I'm lucky as one of the inlays has a pit.

Nice work Saj, how long did it take you to do? I see you did the brake fluid too... did you do it all on your own?

Also what make of tools do they have there? Branded like snap on?

Nice work Saj, how long did it take you to do? I see you did the brake fluid too... did you do it all on your own?

Also what make of tools do they have there? Branded like snap on?

Well i hired the lift for a whole day 8am till midnight but i had everything done by 5pm. the fuel filter was a nightmare to get out. This was working at a very slow pace, taking my time and checking everything over along with ducksealing the brake pipes and a couple of coats of underseal protector.

Yea,, i did all the work myself, absolutely every fluid and filter using genuine parts.

tool wise, there is no snap on but they are quality tools and get the job done, although i did take a bootfull of my own tools along.

nice work buddy, i think next time ill come to see you for the service saj... :blink:

Excellent work Saj - CJ is right though, that's dangerous stuff to let near your skin for any prolonged period of time.

Good work Saj , you are brave to work on a diesel without gloves mate.

Yea I knw, I did wear a pair of gloves when i started but they annoyed me so i took them off. I should probably get some better quality ones though.....

nowt more carcengenic than that used diesel oil :)

Good work tho mate bet your sis well pleased

Thanks for the post saj shame there aren't more Pitstops' around £80 isn't to bad although I think you have to be able to fill the time for that much.

Good goin yaar! :thumbsup icon

Thanks for the post saj shame there aren't more Pitstops' around £80 isn't to bad although I think you have to be able to fill the time for that much.

No worries mate. Yea, the £80 deal is pretty good if you use it for the whole 16 hours. Even better if you did all the cars in your household in one go or split the rental with a friend, and theres loads of space and use of tools included.