What's new

Accord navi premium sound system

shdwsnatcher

Reaction score
Car
Accord CL7
Hey all,
Have been having this annoying thing where when I turn up the volume past 18 the bass goes sorts flat on our 07 accord Navi..
but when I compare it with my plain old 03 accord non-Navi, it was way better, I mean with stock speakers, the more I turn up the volume, the more intense the bass becomes... but for some reason on this newer Navi, which says 'premium sound', it sounds good and deep bass when volume is kept below 18, but soon as I turn it up, the other bits become louder.. but bass either stops there or just goes flatish...

anyone noticed this issue or any solutions to this?

The OEM amp is made to protect the speakers at high levels by cutting down some frequencies.

The only way to avoid that is by replacing the OEM amp with a 4 channel one and some crossovers.

In my car, I replaced the PSS with the combo Focal FDS 4.350+ Focal FDS 1.350 and some new focal speakers. I can still use the stock radio to control the volume, bass, etc. and I manage the music with a Nexus 7.

Annotation 2020-07-07 170537.jpg

Last edited:
The OEM amp is made to protect the speakers at high levels by cutting down some frequencies.

The only way to avoid that is by replacing the OEM amp with a 4 channel one and some crossovers.

In my car, I replaced the PSS with the combo Focal FDS 4.350+ Focal FDS 1.350 and some new focal speakers. I can still use the stock radio to control the volume, bass, etc. and I manage the music with a Nexus 7.

View attachment 250

This setup looks nice. How have you managed to keep the nexus 7 at the top and how is it connected to the headunit? Is this through aux & USB cable?