What's new

Aftermarket Suspension?

Yadash

Members
Reaction score
Does anybody know what types of aftermarket springs/dampers I can use for the sixth gen saloon? I think the offside rear damper is starting to let go so it'd be a good opportunity to get some performance mods done ;)

Hey dude,

There are a couple of options open to you. Most expensive of these is coilovers. (£800 ish). But i can WHOLLY reccomend Eibach springs!!!! I have them on my ATR. Not only do they give a VERY pleasing drop, the performance of them is also AMAZING!!! I cannot recommend them enough. Second best £200 i ever spent.

£200! That's much less than I thought they would be :)
How is it in terms of comfort?

In terms of comfort mate i really can't fault them. They seem to give the best of comfort on say an A road, but also great performance when having a little fun.

Here you go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-ProKit-Lowering-Springs-Honda-Accord-Sed-98-02-/200576794839?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb34f00d7

Thanks but that's much too dear for my budget, although I would like to get a set in the near future

For dampers, go Koni yellows, i suspect koni yellows dampers with eibach springs is a epic mix!

Hey dude,

There are a couple of options open to you. Most expensive of these is coilovers. (£800 ish). But i can WHOLLY reccomend Eibach springs!!!! I have them on my ATR. Not only do they give a VERY pleasing drop, the performance of them is also AMAZING!!! I cannot recommend them enough. Second best £200 i ever spent.

Si he needs dampers aswell, not just springs mate ;)

For dampers, go Koni yellows, i suspect koni yellows dampers with eibach springs is a epic mix!

I bet a set of koni yellows and eibachs is close to £600 now. In fact just checked Koni yellows for fronts are £140 each. Rears £115 each. Eibachs on top of that, makes it a very expensive set up.

I bet a set of koni yellows and eibachs is close to £600 now. In fact just checked Koni yellows for fronts are £140 each. Rears £115 each. Eibachs on top of that, makes it a very expensive set up.

Your right they have gone up since i last checked, dam not good! Id Probs keep the yellows, but go for a cheaper spring, Neuspeed Race, Ground Control. Arent Ground Control made by Eibach anyway?

Still £600 ish with cheaper springs, can get a decent set of coilovers from us for that money. Then you have height adjust, spring preload adjust, and damper adjust. Seems simple to me.

If you can afford coilovers get them Yadash, and might as well get them from Andy

Have sold and fitted two sets of coilovers this week to Accord type r's, both owners absolutely made up with new ride height and suspension feel,

I know this is old
But @Vtec DIRECT
will Type R coilovers fit a non Type R saloon 1.8? Cheers