What's new

Air Con Testing

BRETTMK

Reaction score
Car
Accord Idtec
Finally got round to testing air con compressor clutch with Honda HDS laptop.

The air con doesn't click in.

Ive got the laptop on and triggering the clutch but it is not clicking on and off but I can hear the revs dropping. I can only get it to do this with the laptop.

there is no gas in as i put a new pressure sensor in but should the clutch still engage without gas (through the laptop) or am I safe to say I need a new compressor clutch.

If you can’t hear it clicking then chances are it’s goosed.

you can try manually triggering the clutch with a positive lead direct from your battery terminal, with engine off.

you can try manually triggering the clutch with a positive lead direct from your battery terminal, with engine off.
Do you mean bridge it on the relay or touch it on the compressor somewhere on the plug - although cant even get the plug off ive got chunky hands

Yes run a fly lead from the battery positive terminal direct to the positive connector on the compressor, when you touch the pin it will energise the clutch.

Yes run a fly lead from the battery positive terminal direct to the positive connector on the compressor, when you touch the pin it will energise the clutch.
Cheers, I will try that. Should the fans come on when i am pressing the a/c even though the clutch is not engaging. On my wife's Jazz the fans come on even the car is not running when i press the a/c switch. I am wondering if this is why my pressure sensor went as the clutch must have got stuck as it was working fine.

Nope you should just hear the clutch engage.