What's new

Air Con Woes

Oakhunt

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2cdti
Hi

Air con has decided to give up on me as soon as the sun came out but this is no normal air con re gas issue. This is what is working;

Clutch is good and engaging fine
Relays are ok, no dead fuses
Aircon high pressure side pipes get cold to touch (low pressure side not)
The aircon part that high pressure pipes go into by drivers side strut top in engine bay is cold to the touch when air con switched on and not when off (something is working)
Pollen filter ok
Heater blower and controls all working fine.

This is what isn't working;

Cabin air always luke warm, not hot and not cold regardless of setting.

Aircon service person came out to inspect (i thought it needed gassing) and said 'Air con is fine, there is another issue but i don't know what' helpful i know

Any idea's? it must be something sensor or control related right? Thanks in advance

2006 Accord 2.2 CDTi Saloon with Nav controls

Kaput!

Reaction score
Car
04 accord tourer 2.0
Blowing warm not hot could be a clogged heater matrix or cabin thermostat.My AC finally stopped working last month although everything seemed to be in order.So as i have a sunroof and rarely used the AC i decided to rip it out.Removed compressor,pipework condensor etc and fitted a short belt.

Oakhunt

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2cdti
Hi Kaput, Thanks for the thoughts. I have now confirmed that the heat is working . The controls seem to affect how much air it spits out so would that mean the thermostat in the cabin is working? For example It knows that 17 is lower than outside and that 25 is higher by how much it ramps the fans up when the temp set beyond them. Lo and Hi also turn the system on to max blow.