What's new

alarm keeps going off on my 54 accord diesel

gduck

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord executive
I have experienced this quite a few times now. Alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason on my 54 plate accord executive diesel. Tried usual tricks involving remote and disconnecting battery etc. cleaned both battery terminals, connectors and earth strap. Inspection light on battery is green so should be ok. Usually have to disconnect for 5 mins or so. muted alarm usually still remains in boot. Getting a bit fed up at present. Happy to receive any tips. Doesn't stop car from being started or driven.

cheers

I had similar and it was an intermittant door switch(on the tailgate on mine). I seem to recall the number and frequently of the indicators flashing when you disarm it tells you which sensor fired

I had similar and it was an intermittant door switch(on the tailgate on mine). I seem to recall the number and frequently of the indicators flashing when you disarm it tells you which sensor fired

Cheers was yours a tourer or saloon? how many sensors are there and locations?

cheers

I had this yesterday, the fob appeared to be dead, I thought new battery required, so I put the key in the lock (drivers side) and off went the alarm. I stood there not knowing what to do, then I noticed the rear offside door button was "locked" and the rest were "open" I opened the door by opening the window with the drivers door switch, and allowed the alarm to reset 15 seconds. I then tried again and everything was back to normal, no idea what started it.

I'm sure there was a process to resync the alarm and locking. The two can get jumbled. Someone else may be able to help.

Failing that i can't remember if there is a button to disable ultrasonics inside the car. It might be worth doing that and seeing if it still sounds. If not then you could have a sensor gone.

I've asked at my local dealer but no one seems to know teh answer, maybe someone here does.

IS it possible to disable the Alarm, i.e. just "lock" the car with no alarm enabled. EWven locking with teh key seems to enable the alarm, teh best I coud find is as mentioned above is teh ability to diable the ultransonics.

Of course there for example if the little one is sitting in the car , open the driver door shut all doors via the door button on the driver side. holding and pulling the outer handle shut the door.that will alarm the car but the inside proximity sensors will not trigger the siren if the little one moves.

run that by me again, i dont get what you mean by 'shut all doors via the door button on the drivers side'?
Then i've got to shut the drivers door with the door handle pulled then the car will lock all doors?

Also where is this mentioned switch to turn off the ultrasonics? In windy conditions my alarm likes to go off.

Will switching off the ultra sonics let me lock the car with the sunroof or window open without the alarm going off every 2 mins.

Apologies for resurrecting a zombie thread, but I just thought it would be worth noting that I've just had this problem on my '56 Tourer.

Jeez is that warbler loud inside the car !!

The car had been parked at work all day with no problems, I came back to the car tonight and pressed the remote keyfob unlock and it all started screaming. There were no indicators or light sflashing anywhere on the car, and to begin with I thought it was someone elses car until I got into mine.

The engine started OK and I drove home a short distance with the banshee wailing in my ears. Eventually it stopped before I arrived home.

Once parked up i noticed - just like EdgeOfTime said previously - that the rear offside door lock button was still down. I checked with my code reader and no fault codes were stored.

It's been OK now for 15 minutes. Just hope it doesn't go crazy in the night ! :ph34r:

Cheers
Robin

Apologies for resurrecting a zombie thread, but I just thought it would be worth noting that I've just had this problem on my '56 Tourer.

Jeez is that warbler loud inside the car !!

The car had been parked at work all day with no problems, I came back to the car tonight and pressed the remote keyfob unlock and it all started screaming. There were no indicators or light sflashing anywhere on the car, and to begin with I thought it was someone elses car until I got into mine.

The engine started OK and I drove home a short distance with the banshee wailing in my ears. Eventually it stopped before I arrived home.

Once parked up i noticed - just like EdgeOfTime said previously - that the rear offside door lock button was still down. I checked with my code reader and no fault codes were stored.

It's been OK now for 15 minutes. Just hope it doesn't go crazy in the night ! :ph34r:

Cheers
Robin

Hi. I have a very similar problem on my 2006 accord EX diesel. Its driving me mad. I have disconnected the siren so at least the neighbours still talk to me. I disabled the bonnet catch by disconnection an permanently wiring between terminals in the plug. Most times now the alarm does not arm and the red dash lights stays off , but randomly the flashers all activate . I really want to find out how to kill the alarm system . Does anyone know how ? or the location of the alarm module so that I can try disconnecting that.

Hi, csm you list the alarm codes for me as i am having trouble finding the details