What's new

Alarm Siren

MattyB801

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
Hi All,

A few weeks back I left my car and locked it via the fob as usual. Once into the house I remembered I had left my windows down, and went back out to unlock and close windows. When I arrived I noticed the hazards flashing, but nothing else. It then dawned on me that the alarm was going off, but silently.

A quick google search and a search on here didnt reveal too much, aside from general issues with the OEM alarm (usually in the form of false alarms, as opposed to my "lack of" alarm).

I removed the original siren, which for reference is located behind the boot trim on the driver's side, which is major PITA to remove (includes removing the boot floor, luggage eyes, cargo light etc). On opening the unit, I discovered the internal battery was dead, probably the reason for my lack of siren (although I would have thought the siren would sound with power from the car alone?). I couldnt find a replacement alarm battery online and couldnt be totally sure this was the sole reason for a 'dead' siren so decided to replace anyway as I managed to source a replacement alarm siren from eBay for £24 delivered (From Lithuania) of all places, Before fitting i opened it up, and the interal battery was providing 7.2V, as it should. Anyway, I fitted it last night, and hey presto, a working alarm siren!

However, I strongly suspect that the only faulty component in my original alarm was the battery pack, and i've since found a guide on the CivInfo forum which provides a guide on how to make up a battery using individual batteries from Maplin or similar. This may get your alarm up and running again.....and for a few quid, is well worth a try. I'll try and find a link to the article and post up shortly......

Matt

PS: A new siren from Honda is £335.

Great result Matt and thanks for sharing this as its good info to our members :)

Matt great info. ..but because I am not a member of that community I can't see what is going on.
Can you please make here a diy with their photos?
Cheers mate

Hmmm strange....I thought the CivInfo thread is free for everyone to see? I'm not signed in (on my work pc) but can still view the thread and images?

matt i believe you but I and maybe others are in the same situation like me...are you sure you are not sign in? because if i want to see the photos is asking me to sign in!
cheers