What's new

Alarm Siren

AARON

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord ADAS
Just realised that my alarm siren is not working in my CL9 Executive. I only found out when i locked my wife in the car for a joke. The ultrasonic sensor must have worked because the lights started flashing but no siren noise. Where do i start looking for the siren?

Thanks pepster. Just tried what you said. The alarm sounded when i opened the door from inside the car, but I think that maybe the ultrasonic sensor is not working. I looked myself in the car flapping my arms like a bird, but the siren didn't go off as usual.
Any more suggestions.

Thanks, will check in the morning. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my troublesome satnav. I'm sending the DVD drive off for repair next week because it does'nt like to work on moist mornings,and now the disc won't eject. Off to Alpine for £179 repair bill!

Ultrasonic Function Test

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Open the driver's window.
  • Close all doors.
  • Lock the doors with the transmitter or the key cylinder.
  • Wait 25 seconds for activate the security system.
  • The hazard warning lights and the security indicator brink.
Put your hand into the cabin.
If the siren sounds and hazard warning lights brink, go to Step 6 .
If the system siren doesn't sound and the hazard warning lights don't brink, replace the ultrasonic sensor.
Internal battery of alarm control siren
  • Open the hood.
  • Disconnect the terminals from the battery.
  • If the siren sounds continuously, internal battery is OK.
  • If the siren turns off, replace the alarm control siren.
NOTE:
The alarm siren is self powered system with internal Ni-MH battery back-up. If the voltage of vehicle's battery drops, the alarm control siren works properly.
If the lock knob is pushed before the door is closed, the buzzer sounds 1 time and ultrasonic system doesn't work.

Damn, had the car three years and only now found out that the ultrasonic sensor starts working after 25 seconds. What a twit :)