What's new

Alternator problem ? N22A1

netto

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7G N22A1
Hi guys,

Recently, i have problem with my alternator i think.
Winter has started, and i think its one reason, why my alternator sometimes doesnt charge the battery.
When i start for the first time in cold morning, there is no battery indicator light on my dashboard. So in this moment, the battery is not charging I pressume.
When I turn off the engine, and start again 5-10 minutes later, the battery indicator appears for few seconds, which is correct i think. The more cold weather is, the more time the battery indicator needs to appear.

What do you guys think, would alternator replacement help ?
Somebody told me it could be just some relay fault ?

edit - Battery is tested, and its OK

Sorry for my English :)
Thanks for every help, I really appreciate it.

When the battery light is showing, it is not charging.

When turn on the ignition, the battery light should appear, and after engine start, it should turn off. am I right ?
When i start for the first time in morning, it doesnt even appear.
I hope you understand.

Do diagnostic it will show you whats wrong....If your alternator doesnt charge you wont be able do drive far and have to charge battery every day.Check alternator belt make sure its not losen.

Belt is OK

Today morning i was starting at quite warm garage ( 17°C ) and it was charging. After work, outside ( -3°C ) i started and it wasnt charging... I let the engine turned on for 5 minutes, turned it off and on again, and it started charging - according to battery indicator.... interesting

I was told that this could help me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARG113-ALTERNATOR-Regulator-Honda-Accord-Civic-FR-V-CR-V-2-2-i-CTDi-iCDTi-CDTi-/251686674653?hash=item3a99b1e0dd:g:RrAAAOSwDN1URn3p&autorefresh=true

What is your opinion ?
Thank you.

But when it is not charging then you would have light TURNED ON when driving... it doesnt metter it is off when you turn ignition. Coz you are saying it is just not apearing on ignition.

That light is almost never turned on while driving, even when not charging, only in some very rare incidents i heard..... i dont mean my car, but generaly ( Same as some mazda cars... )
Thats what i heard, and read from different sources.
Can anybody confirm that from his own experience ?

Of course its possible what i wrote is wrong, in that case i will be glad to get real facts, but i still believe it.

Thanks guys.

When you drive and this light will turn on then it mean there is no charging... if you prefer good source of how it should work just read manual it is explained but as far as i know in every car it is like that. You have problem with oil - oil light is turning on. No charging - battery light is turning on. Airbag is not working or it is turned on - light is turning on. Otherwise you would have crismas tree on dashboard all the time

Of course, I understand
but when you turn on ignition, all these lights on dashboard should appear for few seconds, right ? Battery light doesnt in my car.

Strange issue, I just posted a issue with my battery or alternator or something along them lines just a bit ago too. Have you tested your car with a multi meter that will give you a good idea on what is going on? As far as i know the lights should come on when you put your keys in before you start and then go off when your cars started. But best of just checking the voltages rather then going of the battery light.

but if it's not on then it doesn't mean there is no charging... on ignitions light turn on for two reasons:
1. there is no charging yet as the engine is not running so alternator is not making any voltage
2. you have chance to check if all lights are working to not be suprised when driving.

check with multimeter and you gonna know if u have ca problem or not. i think there is no reason to be worried about. after so long battery would die few times already