What's new

Another dpf thread (sorry)

Chrislomas

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord mk8 tourer
Apologies if this has been asked before, I did a search but came up with nothing.
I have a mk8 accord with the dpf light on (it also has the !) and is in limp mode.
I tried additives to no effect.
I have taken it for a forced regen which I was told was successful but the light is still on.
The mechanic who did the regen said it was a faulty sensor.
I have since had the car to bits and have pulled the sensor which splits into 2 probes that goes to the bottom of the exhaust, this throws up an engine management light as well as dpf
I pulled the exhaust gas temperature sensor which made no difference to the already existing light on the dash.
Am I right in thinking that this would be the faulty sensor?
I also had the aa out to do a regen but it wouldnt work as I believe one of the sensors shown on his computer was reading 0 degrees.
Now, let's say theoretically (I'm aware of the new mot rules) if I was to have the dpf removed and mapped out, would this dpf light still be on due to the faulty sensor, even though the car would believe that it had no dpf?

You really need to wash the DPF professionally to get it clean, regens just burn the soot to ash which stays on the matrix.
The ecu senses the amount of pressure differential between the top and bottom of the DPF and that is calculated as soot on the matrix.
It sounds like the matrix is blocked with Ash or the sensor is no good.

Hope you get sorted I was with a company yesterday getting my dpf removed and dpf is mapped out never to be seen again, really something that I didn't want to do but couldn't live being in limp mode anymore, I had been in touch with Fahad too but I'm in northern Ireland so traveling to his would not have been viable.

Hi.

I am sure that Fahad and his team do a very good job, however with the new MOT rules and even future ones, Was in a similar position so I decided to have my DPF removed cleaned and refitted. Even came with a life time warranty cost £600

All sorted everyone. Even had it mot'd the day after, no issues, ****ed the emissions test. It read 0.32 out of a max of 1.5. Well happy.

Good to hear, how does it drive now?

Fantastic. So much more power so It doesn't feel like I'm driving a mechanical slug any more. As for the mpg's, I'm unsure as I've not exactly been driving it steady!