What's new

ATR Grill Fitment on Non ATR

it will for sure. only difference between fl and pre-fl are fogs and grille mesh style. i have pre-fl atr grille on my 99 accord exec. but be careful when removing those plastic screws, they tend to break cause they are mostly rusted. i suggest u to use WD40. actually i have pic here
313703_294527330675741_242534068_n.jpg

I hope you've taken off that Type-R badge since Havoc! ;)

And yes, they fit but you have to make sure the grill is the same style. Facelift grills will not fit a pre-facelift and vice versa...

blueVTEC no way! :D i added it to that and also on boot and rear doors :)

and facelift grills will fit bueVTEC :) they are same shape. pre face grill has style like i have, facelift grill has style like normal accord does but just 2 lines not 3. Shape is same.... just fogs are diff and number of studs :)

No mate the facelift has a much pointier bottom, which leaves nasty gaps between the grill and bumper. I will try and find a pic :).

my friend has done this on his CG8. to be honest i didnt see those gaps from angle he took pics from. but if u find one would be great. sighting is much better than flaming on our thoughts :D

Havoc maybe your friend changed the bumper too, otherwise there would be gaps,no quetsions about it.

exec said:
Havoc maybe your friend changed the bumper too, otherwise there would be gaps,no quetsions about it.
could be

Shane said:
Yes it is possible, there's absolutely no gap. I've done it myself.
Thanks, that confirms that FL model has only front fogs modified and aerial

You know what, I can't even be bothered with this forum now. It's full of people that don't know what they are talking about, yet proceed to reply anyway and fill up the forum with incorrect information. Here's a pre-facelift ATR with a facelift grill, note the huge gaps at the bottom of the grill where it lines up with the bumper.

hondakarma.com/attachments/_58-jpg.18976/

If you still don't believe me or can't see the gaps, then proceed to buy yourself a facelift grill and cry at your horrible panel gaps.

just calm down.... yes there are gaps and yes there are gaps on mine too..... its normal gaps and nothing major. Shane did that and said no gaps..... u didnt try it... just found pics..... i believe someone who did it and not just posting pics. Plus friend of mine did that on his CG and no gaps... i asked him. Dont worry i wont cry about gaps.

But specially for u i was looking for that CG8
IMG_20120413_174144.jpg

Shane said:
Yes it is possible, there's absolutely no gap. I've done it myself.
There is always a gap, it's obvious. The two grills are quite different shapes, with the facelift being quite a lot more pointy at the bottom edge, and with shorter sides - which is very obvious even in that pic above! Look how the short edges stick down below the bonnet line! And you can see the big gap on the bottom edge where that grill isn't pointy enough to fill the space.

Not minding the gap, and denying that it exists, are two very different things. If you don't mind that's fine, noone's saying you should, but there is most definitely a gap right there sir.

both the pre and facelift grilles are not interchangeable, I have tried this before, shame my old forum information was deleted (I used to run Genaccord)
personally I could not do with big gaps. it's your car though....