What's new

Blemish in roof may have polished through lacquer

Walkerci

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi
I had a blemish on my roof that I think may have been a firework incident last November well only noticed after bonfire night. Anyhow I ended up touching in with lacquer and flattered and polished. It's ok but not perfect. What I'm concerned with is I'm not sure if the polish has taken lacquer off in a small patch around the repair. I used diamond brite conserver and I'm sure it's sort of thinned it if not removed it it certainly took top off the touch in. Now if it has been removed is it ok to just keep waxing to protect it or will something bad happen to it? I can't justify the quote of £500 to get it repaired by bodyshop.
It's only about the size of a 20p.

Thanks

Chris

No reply on Honda Karma?

Can't say I like it when people 'copy and paste' between here and HK, but its a free world...

water paint is about as far as my expertise goes in this subject, so I wouldn't know anyway :(

Sorry if I have offended posting on the 2 sites just trying to get a wide opinion as I would have liked some advice of anyone knowledgable.
No advice from HK so far.

Thanks

Chris

No problem Chris.

I guess you will just have to monitor it. There isnt any exposed metal so it wont rust.

These new water based paints are quite fragile, something else to 'thank' the EU for....

Thanks that was my thought to just keep plent of wax on it a see how it goes.