What's new

Booked in for LPG- Let the fun begin

NimBoy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0SE
So My baby has been booked in for a LPG conversion, its getting done as we speak. I will keep you guys updated.

£1200 whooooossshh, Cant wait for the savings to begin

Nice one, let us know your impressions of the install and performance afterwards!

I will do a proper right up on how it goes, but sad as it sounds since i have got the car 2 months ago the Vtec only kicked in couple of times. But Economy wise will be interesting to see what i average.

Make sure you install an electronic Flashlube kit.
Oh, btw, mine is also running on LPG, with a BRC kit!

ukcl9 said:
my cl9 is round 220 bhp and on lpg.it runs great.70p a ltr.and average 29mpg.
what brand kit?
Its an Emer kit, definitely one of the best kits around as advised by the installer. (not just taking his word for it). Cant find any faults with them at all on the internet.

skhell said:
Make sure you install an electronic Flashlube kit.
Oh, btw, mine is also running on LPG, with a BRC kit!
Yh i am aware that the hondas need a flashlube kit, Thats all inclusive within the price. Whats your running cost like ? I got big hopes for mine.
I have had a Stag kit in a bmw before but that was a shoddy job and it would keep cutting out when you accelerate fast and decelerate quickly

Jon_G said:
Do insurers charge extra for the LPG conversion modification?
I think they sort of do, it might be classed as a modification by some insurers but some dont care as long as you let them know. hopefully mine wont mess me around too much

NimBoy said:
Whats your running cost like ? I got big hopes for mine.
Mine is not the best example, since I mostly do very short commutes(about 5 minutes) in city environment. In this conditions, I am able to do about 12/13/14 l/100km. But I have already tried doing the same while running on petrol, and it's about 10/11 l/100km. It's definitely not the best car for the city...

Driving in the open road, I get around 10/11 l/100 km, at speeds between 110/140kmh.

NimBoy said:
Its an Emer kit, definitely one of the best kits around as advised by the installer. (not just taking his word for it). Cant find any faults with them at all on the internet.

who's doing the conversion?

My 3.0 V6 has LPG ............... and I notice nothing in the way of performace whether I run on gas or petrol ............... It is a Zavioli kit and was on the car when I bought it..............and at 66 pence a ltr I'm happy.

had a quote £850 and it included a "valve savor kit" ?
is that the same as Flashlube

mikem said:
had a quote £850 and it included a "valve savor kit" ?
is that the same as Flashlube
"Valve saver kit" ;-)
It could be flashlube, but it might be another system. I would highly recommend the Electronic Flashlube system, it's a bit more expensive, but way better than other systems.