What's new

Boot open button, wiring diagrams?

Alex of Smeg

Reaction score
Car
Accord type S 2011
My 2011 type S tourer has the self opening and closing boot. I can open it with the button in the driver door and I can close it with the button on the bottom of boot lid. However the key fob does nothing, and the button by the number plate unlatches it but doesn't initiate the automatic opening. Any ideas where to troubleshoot. And does anyone have wiring diagrams for this car so I can try figure out what it might be? TIA

Appreciate that this is a very old thread and you may have had your answer already but I found out just recently. The button on the outside of the tailgate only releases the latch - it doesn't operate the power tailgate. My local garage though that there was a fault with it so checked with Honda who confirmed that it was never designed to power lift the tailgate. I then discovered that this is corroborated by the descriptions in the manual.

Same with my 2008 8th gen. Drivers door button power opens, internal boot button power closes, key button (long press) power opens and closes, external boot button just releases the latch.