What's new

Brake Pads front & rear

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Hi guys,

Just had the IDTEC Auto service on Tuesday in Slough and came back with a list of items that need changing.

I need new front pads,

New rear pads,

and finally 2 new rear tyres.

Has anyone out there change the brake pads on their auto diesel? How much are the pads alone and is the work to change easy enough for a Saturday afternoon?

Hi mate,i had my rear pads replaced at 32k and fronts at 36k pads took an hour to do as i remember.

You need rear tyres replacing what is your mileage,mine are fine at 41k.

Hi mate,i had my rear pads replaced at 32k and fronts at 36k pads took an hour to do as i remember.

You need rear tyres replacing what is your mileage,mine are fine at 41k.

Well the car has covered 21k miles of pure motorway, the tyres used to be on the front but i swaped them round about 5k miles to get a bit more life out of them.

I can understand the pads, its an auto so its gonna eat those a lot.

Honda want £200 to replace the front and rear....... think i could save a fair bit if i did this myself.

James what up with wrong with your workshop manual ? all the information is there irrespective of the engine.

if you need help give drop me a PM.

Had a look at that and indeed the operation looks fairly simple, but wondered if someone else had done it and had come across any problems really. Last thing i want is a pile of parts on my lol!

James what up with wrong with your workshop manual ? all the information is there irrespective of the engine.

Hi Pepster,

Sorry for jumping in with a slightly different topic but the Workshop manual you refer to, is that the petrol one (the only i could find) on ebay for 2008-2010 Accord after going blue :wacko: in the face trying to source a workshop manual for the diesel.

Thanks

Hi I have just replaced front pad and disks on my auto.... total cost £120 only took 3/4 of hour to do on my drive.....Honda wanted £250

Just changed out the pads on the auto! Will get a DIY posted shortly.

Good stuff guys get those DIY'S up.Im sure mine is a different set up as there twin pistons.

Good stuff guys get those DIY'S up.Im sure mine is a different set up as there twin pistons.

Did wonder why the 2.4 has different calipers? But just had a quick look at the part brake down of the 2.4 caliper it would seem the method to change pads etc would still be the same as other 8th gens.

DIY now added!

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/5536-diy-8th-gen-auto-idtec-brake-pad-change/

Hi Guys,

My rears started to squeel - sort of chain dragging noise so went to my local dealer. Apparently it's a audable wear indicator and the rear pads were at about 3mm. The fronts were at 4mm so were also reccommended to be replaced. I was in a bit of a hurry so my local laid on 4 mechanics (wheel each) - I was in and out inside 30 min for £200. I guess the speed made up a bit for th ecost - but I see £200 is still less than Cirrus found ... anyway - no more squeeling rears!

My Ex is still new to me - so still learning what it does - used to have a 1.8T Passat - so I've notices the Ex is a bit light on power. It's in for it's 3 yr service tomorrow (& MOT) so maybe the pitstop crew can add a few more horses ... gonna mention the rattly speakers too - maybe there's a warranty issue here ...

Impressive bit of kit though ....

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

My rears started to squeel - sort of chain dragging noise so went to my local dealer. Apparently it's a audable wear indicator and the rear pads were at about 3mm. The fronts were at 4mm so were also reccommended to be replaced. I was in a bit of a hurry so my local laid on 4 mechanics (wheel each) - I was in and out inside 30 min for £200. I guess the speed made up a bit for th ecost - but I see £200 is still less than Cirrus found ... anyway - no more squeeling rears!

My Ex is still new to me - so still learning what it does - used to have a 1.8T Passat - so I've notices the Ex is a bit light on power. It's in for it's 3 yr service tomorrow (& MOT) so maybe the pitstop crew can add a few more horses ... gonna mention the rattly speakers too - maybe there's a warranty issue here ...

Impressive bit of kit though ....

Cheers,

£100 is the fixed Honda dealer rate for a set of pads fitted, so front and rear thats right for £200.

If you have rattling speakers and its still in warranty get them checked out......... there is another post on this....

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/5643-front-speakers/