What's new

Braking

mflorant

Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord i-dtec
Dear All,

I have realized that after changing all the pads, refurbished the rear calipers and bleeding the brakes braking is not so efficient as it was before. Meaning that if I press the pedal it starts braking lower than before. Brake pads are already bed in since I traveled already about 300 kms. Before it was higher that point when it started to brake.
Do you happen to have any ideas what can cause this?

Too many variables here as you’ve changed so many things. Could be substandard quality parts, poor refurbishment of the callipers, air trapped in the brake lines or just more time needed for bedding in..

I bleed my brakes using the gravity method, ie open bleed nipple, take cap off brake fluid reservoir and wait until fluid is coming out of the nipple, then nip it up. Works for me.

I bleed my brakes using the gravity method, ie open bleed nipple, take cap off brake fluid reservoir and wait until fluid is coming out of the nipple, then nip it up. Works for me.
You are not depressing the pedal and nothing just let the fluid flow until there are no air bubbles in it?

You are not depressing the pedal and nothing just let the fluid flow until there are no air bubbles in it?
As described it wouldn't replace the old fluid in the brake lines with new fluid which is the object of the exercise as I understand it.