What's new

Broken wing mirror

tunstall

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
A freak accident (don't ask) has resulted in me breaking the passenger side mirror on my Accord. It means that I have to remove the broken mirror and replace it with the new part from Honda. Has anyone experience of removing the broken mirror? As it's an electric and heated mirror I ***ume it is somehow fixed to the mechanism within the mirror ***embly. Looking under the mirror ***embly I can see one screw that the ***embly pivots on, plus what looks like covers over screw heads closer to the car body.
I've been able to download an illustration of the mirror ***embly from the lingshondaparts.com website (an invaluable information source) but in practice how easy, or difficult is it to remove the broken mirror?

Any advice / guidance is welcome and appreciated.

Thank you Antdad for that which I've downloaded and taken a look at. It appears to be comprehensive but hellish complicated!!!

I have managed to remove the mirror glass with the aid of a long screwdriver and twisting it in-between the black body of the glass and the white plastic holder within the ***embly. The two wires that feed into the heated mirror have also been disconnected and marked (upper and lower). I've ordered a replacement mirror glass from my local Honda dealer in Telford which should be here tomorrow morning, and I ***ume replacement will be straightforward (fingers crossed).