What's new

Buying a 2.4 Type S ?!

Cpt.Vil

Reaction score
Car
Honda Civic EK
Hello :)
Straight to the question ... I’m 26 years old
I think about getting an Accord no matter facelift or not CL Type S ... I’m looking to combine the comfortable daily and the sporty car... I’ve been driving all of the Japanese hatchbacks Nissan sunny , colts , civics ... now I want something bigger for dayli but to not loose thatracer spirit ...
I think that’s the car ... I like how it looks .. and after I’ve readed all the internet I see that after the reflash the car becomes veeeery good... So will I be satisfied ? I will have another car for project ;) just want some not boring daily u know ...
PS: I have more questions for which I will use the same thread :) once I get a reply’s :)
Thank you in advance :)

I don't know about performance after reflashing, but I've got a 2008 TypeS with 140 thousand km (around 90 thousand miles) and it drives great, feels sporty and has more than enough power and zip to perform anything I need it to. It's also decently comfortable. You probably know all about the K24 engine so I won't waste words there :)
The only downside for me personally is the ride height. As stock, it's just the right amount to scrape upon entering a steeper driveway or parking in the city when the sidewalks are a bit higher. If that doesn't bother you I'd say - go for it.

I'm 26 yrs old too. I bought a 2005 Accord 2.4 type s manual in July mileage was just above 49,000, absolutely love it. Only problem is ride is quite harsh on uneven surfaces. Other than that car is perfect. I got an aux fitted too. I
get around 370 miles till the empty light comes on, I can probably get about 50-60 miles more, but I've got a very heavy right foot lol. So if you find a decent one with FSH and good MOT history, why not go for it as they're becoming very rare. I'm getting Reflash too. Try finding one after 2005 coz government are bringing in these new clean filter air zones all over UK. Good luck.

Last edited:
I’m from Bulgaria bro :)
And those laws here are still not a problem :D we are still in the Wild West But with excellent roads in my city specifically !
I find only Honda’s around 2004-5 or 2007( facelift) the and the mileage or here Km are around 217 000 + - imported from Switzerland... what you think maybe they are double the km ... more like 300-350k km’s ;)

It’s like a lego car u can do change everything and that K24 is black hole ... money pit ... so definitely a good car for long term....

Haha didn't know you were in Bulgaria:D. Anyway, they are solid cars. Mileage is not really an issue on these engines. 100,000 is nothing, life is just starting :) look around more and hopefully you find a good one.

Does it matter if it’s going to be facelift or not I mean like years ... the price is similar doesn’t matter if it’s face or not but the years is the question? For esthetic when you say it’s 2004 and 2007 after all we are 2021 almost :/ :) both ways the car is like 15 years old anyway but u get it I hope :D

Does it matter if it’s going to be facelift or not I mean like years ... the price is similar doesn’t matter if it’s face or not but the years is the question? For esthetic when you say it’s 2004 and 2007 after all we are 2021 almost :/ :) both ways the car is like 15 years old anyway but u get it I hope :D

Something in the back of my head suggest there are different Honda recalls for the each version, but putting in the VIN code should identify if this is true or not. I had been running around for some time with air bag issues before I clicked on the site dealing with recalls. Honda Thames Ditton sorted them out for free before last year's MOT.

Well a 15 year old car is possibly going to have more issues, rust, suspension, ball joints and might even need a new clutch, exhaust etc. Unless it has been looked after. Maybe look for a mk8 Accord, I believe they started in 2008. Here in the UK I found it extremely difficult to find a good condition mk7 2.4 accord manual. I think I only found 1 mk8 2.4 manual in about 2 years

Ihere they import them from Switzerland
Which are good cars but the prices are 8-10k Bgn .... maybe around 5k £ ...

Ihere they import them from Switzerland
Which are good cars but the prices are 8-10k Bgn .... maybe around 5k £ ...
Daaaamn, that is very expensive for mk7 Accord. Unless you are ok with paying that much or maybe you should look for something else. Civic? Add a turbo :D

Well you can turbo the accord... and than you become a family 4 door sedan racer
We are talking about the CL9 K24 ...

Well you can turbo the accord... and than you become a family 4 door sedan racer
We are talking about the CL9 K24 ...
I've been thinking to supercharge mine in the next couple of years haha:cool:
Just keep looking around I'm sure you'll find one soon.