What's new

Can I play music files from my android phone through the audio system?

I use a Bluetooth receiver plugged into the aux port in the center console.

OK, thanks for that.

This may seem basic to most people, but being of senior years I'm not at all sure how this would work in practice, so please bear with me.

I'll be able to set up bluetooth OK, once I've got an adaptor, but I'm not sure exactly how I'd then access the audio files in the car. Presumably I'd select Aux on the audio system, but would the system then automatically detect the audio files on the phone and display what's available, so I can then simply select what I want to hear? There are loads of files on the phone, so would the selection process be lengthy going through them all, or should I prepare playlists beforehand, again something with which I'm afraid I'm not familiar

Alternatively, if I put my audio files on a usb stick, would they be playable directly from that onto the car's system? ?

Any guidance here would be most appreciated.

I currently use a phone holder that clips into the CD slot. You would need to as you say select aux on the stereo but would need to select the music on your phone. Basically it works like Bluetooth headphones ie the stereo just mutes phone and amplifies the audio the phone is playing.

I use Android auto app. This simplifies the menu bigger controls etc and keeps the screen on so that you can access music and also satnav function. Being where the stereo CD slot is means it's just like adjusting the stereo by hand.

The USB stick I'm guessing would be a case of having to play all the tracks in order without being able to select tracks easily but I haven't tried to confirm that.

Hope this helps

Thankyou so much for your input - that's clarified things much more for me, and helped me further into this somewhat confusing digital world we live in! I'll look into your suggestion re- phone holder and android auto app.

Thanks again!