What's new

car delivered today fault code p 1384

trolleyjack

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord D 2.2 Exec
Hi all,

Well the beast finally arrived today, the previous owner had lost heart and more or less abandoned it, so went and bought a new car, due to the Hondas repetitive rough running ~ difficult starting phase which has obviously brought him to his decision.

The service history from him and previous owners (mainly main dealer some indy garages) is not full but not lacking in effort and expense.

It's interesting to see how they all have skirted certain problems, many granted not on service schedules, but partially obvious to some.The modern concept of laptop spanner turning, as opposed to the physical one, is plain to see here, with this cars history. !!!

So bearing in mind it has been stood 7 mths and only started twice by me in the last 5 days, after a quick inspection due to fading light I have discovered :-

Car not keen at all to catch on, my initial thoughts fuel starvation, would not rev past 2k initially, about 20 min idling would rev to whatever the limiter was, but is still running rough.The feeling of cold spot, and lack of willingness in the rev range very apparent. engine management icon the only thing illuminated on the dash.

Engine oil level 30mm above high dipstick mark.

Coolant level above max mark.

Power steering fluid level low.

No history of gearbox oil change at all, currently at 143,000 mls.

Clutch fluid lowish, but not beyond lower level.

Brake fluid level ok.

The intention this week if possible is to :-

install oem Honda fuel filter., and run a bottle of cataclean through system once all work done.

degunk egr ,swirl valve and anything else I can discover in the intake circuit that will be covered in gunge.

oil and filter change.
gearbox oil change.
clean maf and map sensors.
replace battery if necessary
In the interim I borrowed a neighbours obd scanner and the following single code came up

P1384 the booklet with the scanner only goes to 999 then changes to U values maybe its an early version of one.

Any thoughts on the code ? I had expected a few electrical anomalies with the partial charged battery it came with, and was pleased at least it is only showing one so far.

Any thought about anything else I should be looking at ?

Looking forward to getting this motor sorted, me and the princess love it already, even if it is still poorly at the mo.

Ron.

ps struggling to find any sort of workshop manual at all, any pointers would be welcome, tried usual sources but to no avail.

PPS If in wrong section mod please move to correct one.

Glow plug or glow plug relay. Most likely a bad glow plug. If it comes back after clearing the error then change for a new set of genuine honda plugs.

I would blank off the egr and map it

Take a look at the terraclean, it could help with the rough running and for the price is very good value and would help start a sort of clean slate with the car for you.

I have tested the glowplugs and they all check out ok for resistance and voltage. Can anyone tell me the test procedure for the the relay ?, that is should I need to test it after the full service.

Reset the ecu left for 10 mins code will not clear,still comes up as the only one, none pending. The eml light is still on, but throttle response is vastly improved revs semi freely right up to 6 thou, but the hesitation / choke back is still there.

As suggested many times here on various threads, fuel filter is my next stop on top of all the other servicing items I need to do.

I have just drained out two litres of overfilled oil, which can't have been doing the oil seals any favours.

Will report back findings after full service jobby probably the end of this week now, thanks for your replies.

Have had good reports from Rover owners re terraclean may consider if all else fails but confident I don't need just yet.