What's new

Car run better after disconnected from battery for 12 hours

kamiljanikjoul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Executive 2.2ictdi
Hi Everyone

Last Thursday i disconnected battery from my accord 2.2 ictdi for 12 hours i charged it and put it back,
i tried a car shortly after it and i think my accord runs better i mean acceleration and rpm ,its looks like it runs quicker and more flexible on gears and when i changing them.
I didnt feel it before, car was remapped by Fahad about year ago,he did great job.
I am just wondering if there was an fault there which was reset after i took battery off.
i got obd2 bluetooth fault reader but it doesnt show anything.(i know it doesnt read all faults )

I remember that when i bought a car i changed frequency solenoid valve, car behave similar then.

does anyone have a similar problem before ?

thanks
Kamil

Disconnecting it will have erased all the adapted values but it won't remove any errors. It's possible it does feel better as a reset can help it relearn from scratch

Thank You Fahad

what should i do to with it?
check it with proper tester to find faults?

By all means check for faults but I'm not sure there are any from what you're saying

hi guys

sorry for really delay ansewer and questions.
i wasnt home for a while.
what is MAF and MAP sensors?
Car is runnig ok till now. i tired it.

Maf is mass airflow sensor, it measures the volume of raw air entering the engine from the airbox

Map is mass absolute pressure sensor, it's measuring air density at the inlet before it mixes with fuel

Hi guys

i finally cleaned up sensors,i couldnt see any changes,one of my friend told me to go on the highway and drive around 4K on 3 gear he said it might help.
i did t week ago when i was at the airport ( i drove around 40 miles like this) i tried my car after it about 4 times and effect is great .
car runs smoothly .i hope this will stay like this forever:)

thanks for Advices
Kamil