What's new

Central locking not working properly

Evilonion

Reaction score
Car
Accord type r
Hi all, really hoping someone can help.

I have a 2001 accord type r.
For some reason the ky fob no longer works to lock/unlock.
I've replaced all the batteries.

The central locking only works if you shut the doors and turn the ignition on, if you turn the ignition off then the central locking stops working.

Just to add it only works by pushing lock down, it still doesn't work at all with the fob.

I've checked and swapped all the fuses under the glove box, but if it was a fuse it wouldn't work regardless of ignition on or not.

I thought maybe a live feed but the car has been sat unused, one day it worked, the next it didn't...

N can't help you with the strange ignition live should be able to pick up off a constant without much effort,

Found this post by another member which may help regarding the fob though

"This info mite help some1 esle later on.

The key will arm the car alarm from the door and set the deadlocks. when you turn the key in the door hold it to the right and the car should lock on the key going back to the center it will arm the alarm and the car will flash hazerds 3times.

The dome next the the interior light is for key fobs working on infer-red if yours doesnt have this then its a Frequency key fob. this unit sends signals down the passanger A pilller to the passenger fuse box.

The Frequency reciver is behinded the glove box on the right hand side (black box with 8way green multi plug)

then alarm is built in to the passnger fuse box multifuction(MFU) unit witch also controls the central locking.
I would suspect mutlifuction unit (MFU) this to be faulty or lose as this is where the Frequncy reciver sends its signals."

If the fob doesn't work at all then it could be the contact itself that has broken up inside, or has moisture under the rubbery membrane.

They can be taken apart with some care and the pcb tracking cleaned with a bit of alcohol, but no guarantee.

Strangely enough I've got to do the other half's car remote later this week (early Yaris).

Thanks for the feedback
I've also noticed the clock light doesn't work and the speedo dash lights don't work but just the backlight bit.

Do you know what wiring or fuses control all this?
The main interior light works and things like the indicator light on dash are fine.

Faults are central locking, clock illumination and speedo illumination

Cabin fusebox

sent using tapatalk

Check fuses if not replace

sent using tapatalk