What's new

chrome door/window trim

Kaput!

Reaction score
Car
04 accord tourer 2.0
Hi
I want to chrome all the window seals/edges around top n bottom of my tourer windows to match the door handles.Looks like some came this way from the factory but are there any aftermarket solutions...maybe others have done this? All trims on my car are currently black rubber or a tape type finish
thanks

Funny that, I was thinking of trying to do the opposite and dechroming mine....plenty of facelift tourers around in scrap yards, that's probably where I'd start or do the obvious and send the trim off to be chromed but that is quite an expensive option. Plenty of alternatives like chrome spray, film, vacuum metalising neither of which Ive had done but I understand you can get a decent chrome aerosol nowadays and for a part that is so relatively thin it might be a good option.

I guess the chrome trim is a marmite thing...love it hate it lol.There are rolls of chrome effect trim on ebay you can trim to size although ive been unable to find the exact size id need.For it to look perfect and of course keep costs low the scrapyard option maybe best but im unsure how they fit above the doors? Either part of window rubbers or glued on...either way removing without kinking them could be a challenge.

Just had a go at pulling them off a car for scrap to have a look for you. They are glued and tightly pressed on a lip at the top of the door. Not sure about getting them off without damage. I didn't anyway but I want exactly being careful