What's new

CL9 - New A/C compressor

sergiu_gh

Reaction score
Car
Accord CL9 M/6
Hello!
My A/C compressor is stuck. It can not be turned, not even manually with a spanner. I think it's time for a replacement, even if I'm kind of freaked out regarding the aftermarket parts.
The compressor is Keihin HS-110R. As far as I see, no chance of finding a new Keihin apparently.
Which AM part should I buy? Do you guys have some good experience with a specific brand? I'm trying to find as much info as possible. Can't find any Denso. They have a different manufacturer restriction. Nissens seems like a decent brand, I guess.
Sorry for my english, Romanian dude here. :)
Thank you!

I trust the part beyond the clutch on the belt side still rotates freely, what happens if you try engaging with the dashboard switches ?

You can still drive the car without the belt in place, just carry a second - charged - battery in the boot and don't drive further from home than the first battery charge keeps things going, or at night.

That will give you time to dismantle the compressor and find out if it is repairable, or total scrap.

Hi!
A very good friend of mine tried to rotate the compressor, with a spanner connected to it's axis. It's jammed... The belt pulley (I think that's the correct term) rotates freely. The car is functional, no problem here. If I try to activate the A/C from the dash, nothing happens, except the fans are going on. The compressor won't turn on. It's actually a 12 year old compressor, not much to do about that. :D I have the option of returning the parts, if it's not a big issue with the old one, because when we'll remove de comp. we will look into it.
I am afraid of residue inside the system...

Last edited: