CLICKING CLUTCH PEDAL!

nebitomi

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD 2007
HELLO
when i pushing the clutch pedal that is clicking 3 times! tik -tik-tik
i hearing the noise from inside not from engine bay!
what could be frayed???
i have seen alredy at the clutch pedal ,but can find the problem but i hear that when i push down!
regards

Hear you go mate have a look hear its a common problem.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8643-clutch-pedal-creakingclicking-fix/

Mine started to do that again, two years after clutch replacement and being lubricated by my local dealer. Where is that syringe...

Touch wood my 8th gen has 32K on now and no problems so far.

You got nothing to worry about Brett, I think it was an issue with 7th gen only.

Need to do mine, I've been living with it for about 6 months and some days it's worse than others.

8th Gen issue too, I need to get my creak sorted!
you would have thought Honda could get this right by now.....

Excellent...a simple search has yielded a result...will get this done over the weekend as mine has just started and it was to be my next question!!! :lol:

classic problem, easy fix. Also thankfully mine hasn't made any creaking noises yet, 84,000 miles and still going strong :p

My Gen 7 did this & I've just cured it for now on my Gen 8 with the syringe idea with a mix of engine oil & grease feels sweet now.

I did ask my local dealer to look at warranty as its been such a long term problem for Honda they were not interested & still have not contacted Honda UK i called Honda UK they acknowledge its a problem but i have to ask my useless Lightcliff dealer to claim :blink: the same dealer that's having to refit my windscreen trims again (recall) as they are hanging off.

They quoted me around £400 to supply & fit a new master cylinder :(

Happens more and more with new UK cars (no offense)
My missus Yaris already has it for 4 years. Just put some wd40 to the top rubber of the clutch pedal till it stops.

On my one after pushing back my hernias back in place after coming out from the footwell the creaking dissappeared but I still had a clicking noise which is different to the common creak, it seems to be a bushing which splits somehere in the mechanism.

Nasty1984 said:
Happens more and more with new UK cars (no offense)
My missus Yaris already has it for 4 years. Just put some wd40 to the top rubber of the clutch pedal till it stops.
Use silicone based spray better. WD40 will disolve grease and only provide tempory lubrication until it dissipates.

This has become an issue for me over the past couple of months. I used to be able to get rid of the dreaded click/creak by using some o ring friendly chain lube even though it would always eventualy come back. Problem now is that I cant get rid of it at all! Ive tried the syringe method with some silicon lube and it doesn't make the least bit of difference. The only time I got rid of it for a while was when car was in for a service at Honda and I asked them to take a look. They said they lubricated the shaft and sure enough it was quiet again but only for about a week. Is my clutch now beyond help? Its getting really irritating :angry:

The CMC is finally gone. You'll need to replace it with a new one - if you go genuine Honda have rev'd the part and it no longer creaks! :)

If Honda have finally cured this (only time will tell) then its took them long enough if you google this problem it gets lots of hits at least back 15/20 years ago.

May be if permitted on here we could put some names together & i would follow it on to Honda UK as a complaint many numbers make a lot more noise i still think this should be an extended warranty issue on Gen 7 & Gen 8 at least.

I to am waiting for it to start clicking again after a few weeks i shall wait an see.

I should add that I checked clutch fluid & it does look very cloudy, its a sort of beige colour. Ill get that changed & see if it helps

The issue was remediated by 2006 with an upgraded part. So, Accords suffering this are at least 11 to 8 years old. I don't believe the 8th gen has this issue. it affects all Honda from 2002-2006 that use the common CMC, so Civics, Streams, FRVs, etc. Realistically, it won't fail spectacularly, is rather an annoyance and the CMC and CSC will eventually wear out. Honda did release a TSB for cars at the time and there were doing goodwill warranties on this (our CRV was done when it was 5 years old), I think though the time has passed

Not worth fighting for IMO.

Oh what a pain - but he Gen 8 is a completely different CMC setup. If you've a 2009, I'd be onto Honda alright, the CMC is not know to be an issue in this Gen.

Been on the phone to honda Uk they fobbed me off with ask your local dealer who aren't interested so I will write to Honda as soon as the clicking starts again the lube is so far working.

shaun75 said:
My Gen 7 did this & I've just cured it for now on my Gen 8 with the syringe idea with a mix of engine oil & grease feels sweet now.
Just re-read back through the thread again, and I'm afraid you're gonna have the issue again. The petroleum based product and engine oil will attack the rubber in the seals. You need to use molykete-55 O-ring grease for this only :unsure:

This is a temp fix only new master cylinder required anyway my Gen 7 seals never failed, its a bit like people including main dealers still using copper grease when replacing pads that also is a no no but its very wide spread.

Been on to Honda today had a little moan they will get back next week to see if they can contribute to the master cylinder.

As far as the grease damaging the seals is concerned were not talking the hydraulic seals here the cylinder is a good few inches forward of the area we are greasing that rod goes through the Vacuum tank first i would love to see it off the car there may be seals to help centre the rod itself in there maybe ????

Got the go ahead for the EGR pipe 125'000 miles extended warranty issue they are fitting that F.O.C on Wednesday.

That rod connects to a plunger that forms part of the hydraulic seals. It's the secondary seal on the MC, the one that keeps the reservoir from spilling into the cabin. On the 7th gen this plunger is what gives the squeak/creak. I can strip one apart if you want to see this.

Sorry my fault tierd mind thinking about the brake master cylinder. ok Back to being a taxi driver for the night

No problem, I'll get one done over the weekend and post up.