What's new

Clock setting woes

boyse7en

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2CDTI
I'm trying to set the clock on my 2007 Accord Tourer...simple, right?

It is currently showing the time as exactly +1 hr (ie, if it is 8:43pm it is showing 21:43)

So i looked in the manual and it tells me that the time is automatically set by the nav system.
I looked at the Nav system, went to settings, page 2, and saw a button "Clock Adjust". Perfect, i thought.

Except that any changes i make on that screen have absolutely no effect on the clock on the top of the dashboard. I tried reseting it, changing it from 24h to 12h, adding time, subtracting time... After each change I clicked on the "Done" button in case it needed it, but all to no avail. the dashboard clock remains resolutely one hour out.

Where am i going wrong? I'm not usually this techno-dim.

It is a problem that affects many Honda's it has to do with the GPS data in the navi system and is not fixable at the present time.
My 8th Gen started to do that from 01/01/22 and many other Hondas are also affected.
The issue is that the Navi system is running Windows CE and the way the date is configured is beyond what the maximum size of date is programmed into the OS which is 1084 weeks, so the nav system recognises it as January 2002 not 2022!
Apparently Honda US says it will self fix in August, Honda UK says wait and see....

Thanks for the info.
That was a bit short-sighted of Honda! For a company renowned for its attention to detail and precision, I'd say that making a sat Nav that can't tell the time is a bit of a blunder.

Sounds like there's nothing much i can except buy a stick-on battery-powered clock then... :(

Head unit is Alpine so while its Hondas problem, its actually Alpines error.
Just be thankful, Imagine what these electric cars are going to do when the software starts glitching in them.

Really helpful thread.. Clock was causing some grief as others have noted.. let's see if fix can be updated. Or it will be a battery disconnect at Midnight

Hi All

As a amtter of interest, does anyone know why the clocks etc will all start working correctly again in August? What is special about that month.

I'm trying to set the clock on my 2007 Accord Tourer...simple, right?

It is currently showing the time as exactly +1 hr (ie, if it is 8:43pm it is showing 21:43)

So i looked in the manual and it tells me that the time is automatically set by the nav system.
I looked at the Nav system, went to settings, page 2, and saw a button "Clock Adjust". Perfect, i thought.

Except that any changes i make on that screen have absolutely no effect on the clock on the top of the dashboard. I tried reseting it, changing it from 24h to 12h, adding time, subtracting time... After each change I clicked on the "Done" button in case it needed it, but all to no avail. the dashboard clock remains resolutely one hour out.

Where am i going wrong? I'm not usually this techno-dim.
I've got exactly the same going on with my 05 EX facelift. It used to hold the time to the second with the BBC Radio pips, but then went about 2 minutes slow. After last weekends switch to BST, my clock is 1 hour and 2 minutes slow, with no means of adjustment.

Really annoying!