What's new

Clutch help 2.2 i-CTDi

classfreedom

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CTDi
Hi everyone, new member here.
Picked up an immaculate Accord i-CTDi on a 2007 plate with only 56k genuine miles.
Car works perfectly and is strong in all the gears, but i notice when i give it a bootfull or overtake in 3rd and 4th gear when it hits 2500rpm the clutch will slip momentarily, once backed off, the clutch will catch and i can carry on accelerating. (this is sporadic)

I guess the reason for the post is i have read every single thread on this site and the civic site about all the 2.2 engines clutch issues and troubles and am terrified ive just bought a car that needs a £850 clutch change could this be a case of early clutch failure ? self adjusting pressure plate not working correctly ? or this cruise control switch adjustment not correctly positioned ( what even is this mechanism can it be self adjusted) ?

any help would be appreciated, seen people having to replace the DMF and clutch but not untill 150 to 200k miles so what could be happening in my case ?

any help would be appreciated !

Most garages can tackle this car now, and you don’t need to replace the flywheel unless it’s out of tolerance. A lot of flywheels get changed just because it’s easier to do while the transmission is out. A clutch kit is not expensive and labour should be typically around £200.

Picked up an immaculate Accord i-CTDi on a 2007 plate with only 56k genuine miles.
Car works perfectly and is strong in all the gears, but i notice when i give it a bootfull or overtake in 3rd and 4th gear when it hits 2500rpm the clutch will slip momentarily, once backed off, the clutch will catch and i can carry on accelerating. (this is sporadic)

I guess the reason for the post is i have read every single thread on this site and the civic site about all the 2.2 engines clutch issues and troubles and am terrified ive just bought a car that needs a £850 clutch change could this be a case of early clutch failure ? self adjusting pressure plate not working correctly ? or this cruise control switch adjustment not correctly positioned ( what even is this mechanism can it be self adjusted) ?

any help would be appreciated, seen people having to replace the DMF and clutch but not untill 150 to 200k miles so what could be happening in my case ?

Has the engine management been remapped ?

It only needs a new clutch if you going to continue to give it a bootfull in 3rd or 4th. Drive it steadily and the current clutch can last for 10's of thousands more miles.

Don't forget to order 325 spare part ending number clutch kit, if OE kit (which from right place is good price ;)