chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Sorry - posted this in Petrol Faults??

Hi
Having problems with the clutch pedal!!

The spot welds on the mounting plate have broken so having to replace.

Have sources new one from dealer which is coming from Brussels.

When I came to take the old one out there are three nuts to undo and that is about it albeit difficult to get to.

The nut closest to the central console is obstructed by a unit (don't know what it is) this is fixed to the central console and it seems that I must remove this to gain access to the last nut fixing the pedal ***embly.

I watched a video on Utube and there was no sight of this on the car the guy was repairing. He was able to get to all three nuts on the peday ***embly fixing!!

It has two electrical connections going to it.

Ha anyone got any idea what it is and is it safe to remove.

Regards

I'd make the ***umption that whatever it is, disconnect battery before messing with it. Probably paranoia there but, if there's no power going to it then no reason for it not to be safe to remove!
Afraid I've no idea what it is - but undoing anything down there is a nightmare.

Hi 2V50
Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure but I think it could be the flaps control for the heating but I didn't want to remove it without knowing if I am going to dislodge any cams or springs.

You are right - undoing anything down there is a nightmare - it is so tight and fiddly to get to.

By the way. what is that ( ***umption )

Has anyone else had to remove the pedal ***embly and if so how did you get to the top bolt?