What's new

Coolant Advice please - urgent

NimBoy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0SE
Currently have green coolant in my car at the moment, would i be able to top it up with the halfords one (green one) ?

Yes, it'll be fine.

NimBoy said:
Thanks Mate, Was getting a bit low
Keep an eye on it bud. No car should need topping up when it comes to the coolant system as it's sealed.

I've never topped up my 6G after 15 years of ownership, it just gets flushed and replaced every few years.

Hello buddy. U can mix blue and green together as they are mixable. Plus I discovered few weeks ago that my cooling system was "kinda" faulty. My coolant reservoir was almost full.... i was wondering why... then comes up that little hose was fallen and it doesnt suck coolant back when needed. Now its running fine. I would check that too before getting any coolant. Unscrew cap and just pull up reservoir. It will come off and u can check if hose isnt there like mine.... plus check Min and Max marks. Keep coolant in reservoir at min. mark and top up thru radiator cap untill full... drive around (work, shopping).. then slowly.....and carefully opne cap and let air come out... check coolant level and top up... repeat untill u see coolant in reservoir getting higher... then u are fine and water pump will suck back coolant if needed.