What's new

Coolant compatibility on pre 2006 cars

hughezee

Members
Reaction score
Car
CG2 & RA6
There have been many discussions whether the old green long life coolant p/n: 08CLA-G01-8L0 is compatible the new blue type 2 coolant: 08CLA-G02-6L0 of which is recommended to be changed at 2 year intervals which suggest its not the same and getting no clear facts from a few dealers as they admit to openly mixing the two at some point? Just I’ve noticed in a few dealer serviced pre 2006 cars the coolant is starting to form gel particles around the rad' or expansion bottle cap and valve clear indication they are not compatible. Looks like radweld particles :huh: anyway despite the fact of a full system flush 10L “Still always a little left” on that note all cars that have green long life coolant I use a equivalent long life coolant which is a pinkie color with ill effects ;)

Any thoughts or similar findings peeps, Regards HM

Nice find stu. That reminds me I need to change my coolant.

I've been using the orange/pink stuff in my older cars, it's what my mechanic mate recommended. They're proper ancient though so it's hard to tell if they're forming new crystals, as there's a lot there already :lol: