What's new

CTDI to Type-S kit fitment thread

Tanna

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
A lot of people including myself want to modify our Accord diesel to have the Type-S styling...

A couple of questions...

Does the rear Type-S bumper fit the Diesel Accord? Likewise does the rear lower Type-S spoiler fit the diesel bumper?

Does the front Type-S bumper fit the Diesel Accord? Likewise does the front Type-S lower spoiler fit the diesel bumper?

Type-S side skirts do they fit the Diesel Accord?

I want answers from people who have tried to fit the above to the Accord Diesel and have succeded or failed.

Many thanks!

Everything fits except the front apron. The diesel and petrol bumpers are different due to the intercooler on the diesel.. and the front grill is also different as the bonnet catch release is mounted differently. If you want the honeycome grill, you need to get one from a Diesel Sport.

Everything fits except the front apron. The diesel and petrol bumpers are different due to the intercooler on the diesel.. and the front grill is also different as the bonnet catch release is mounted differently. If you want the honeycome grill, you need to get one from a Diesel Sport.
Hi,do you know who can fit on diesels bumper?I am interesning too.

I gather you have tried to fit them on your car? I was thinking of removing the diesel bumper and fitting the type-s bumper but seems it won't go on...is the design of the bumpers different? I'm sure the front apron won't fit but I remember my friend had the copy front apron/splitter which looks exactly the same as the type-s and he managed to fit it on his car?

Maybe the front apron can fit I have the type-s front fog lights and apron so may be worth a shot?

Sorry it may come across as I am ignoring your input but I'm desperate to fit the type-s apron ;)

Tanna, I haven't personally tried it but I looked into bodykits when I did mine 3 years ago and I've seen both diesel and petrol cars with the bumpers off and the front panels are different. Also bear in mind the petrol car has oval foglights so you'll need those too ***uming you can make it fit your diesel. I actually prefer the sports pack kit over the type S kit anyway.. (I would say that though).

231054_10150583842035366_861775365_18569377_7855961_n.jpg

222345_10150583870040366_861775365_18569782_6856659_n.jpg

Fahad your car looks really nice I like the dechroming on the grille, I'm going to go down the route of fitting the type-s front apron as a lad near my area has the sport pack kit and he has a black car like mine so don't want to make it identical as him.

I think i'm going to do it after the dreaded winter though as the gritter will just stone chip my lovely front end besides I will have time to save up my pennies too. Watch this space will report back on how I get on though!

Not my car anymore :(

Gutted when it went but onwards and upwards. New car coming in a few weeks ;)

Easy, but you need to ensure you get every bit of chrome off and get right down to the plastic underneath. Then just prime with plastic primer and paint as normal.

You need to allow for airflow to the intercooler aswell.

Just wondered if we are talking facelift or pre-facelift

My car is cdti and I have Type-S grill which fitted no problem, I take it the pre-facelift ones are not the same

pre facelift mate.. you're right, facelift cars have interchangable parts between petrol and diesel in that respect.

Tanna, I haven't personally tried it but I looked into bodykits when I did mine 3 years ago and I've seen both diesel and petrol cars with the bumpers off and the front panels are different. Also bear in mind the petrol car has oval foglights so you'll need those too ***uming you can make it fit your diesel. I actually prefer the sports pack kit over the type S kit anyway.. (I would say that though).

231054_10150583842035366_861775365_18569377_7855961_n.jpg

222345_10150583870040366_861775365_18569782_6856659_n.jpg

would this fit the 2.2 cdti accord sport 2008

The above is a pre-facelift bumper and lip... you have a facelift bumper, so no.

Unless you are planning to fit a pre-facelift bumper etc, which I've seen a few do

what year is that honda accord in the picture? is it 18" wheels n is it lowered

what year is that honda accord in the picture? is it 18" wheels n is it lowered
That's fahads old car. It was a 2004 model but he modified it a great deal. It had facelift headlamps on. The wheels were 19" rage Honda wheels and his car was lowered using genuine A-Spec lowering kit. Potentially one of the nicest modded accord on our forum at the time.
If you look in the members gallery for f6had you will find the build history.

Nearly started a topic but my question kinda belongs in here.

I currently have the facelift type-s/Euro-R front splitter for my facelift Diesel but I want to know if the pre-facelift Type-S rear lip and sideskirts will fit mine ok?

As far as I can see there is no difference in shape between the rear lip and sideskirts.

:huh:

You might just need to offer it up and see, but I have a feeling the skirts will be fine.. but the rear bumper lower section is different so that might give you an issue

Ok i guess I'll to just sell on if it doesn't fit

cheers Fahad

Do report back so we know either way