What's new

DC5 brembo front calipers upgrade option for 7th gen

rhyeung

Members
Reaction score
Car
SPORT TOURER
Hi, let's start a flesh topic as it don't seems to have this from TA, from all the information I've found from the internet and TA, to fit the brembo 4 pot calipers into our 7th gen honda accord, the s2000 disc with cutting a bit of the dust shield will be straight bolt on job.
If you guys has any advice or any other to say about this performance upgrade. Pls give comment, I appreciated it, cheers

Ray

or upgrade to spoon sports 4 pot monoblock calipers.2.6kg each.and 28mm thick disc (ch1 disc)from 25mm (cl9 disc)so no more disc warping and dexcl type z s2000 pads.just waiting for my disc's to arive hope to fit wenesday.i already have ss lines.

im a bit of a spoon *****.lol

i think the s2000 front disc is 25mm aswell.so they will still warp easy like the cl9 disc.i cant see the point of dc5 brembos if you have to use the 25mm disc

I looked into the same upgrade for my CL7 Euro R. As std it has the same 300x25mm single pot caliper setup as the 2.4 and diesel. It also has a tendancy to warp discs.

Icetronix offer the dc5 upgrade. The only issue being wheel clearance and thus having to run spacers. The main benefit? Unsprung weight the brembo calipers will be mych lighter than the OEM caliper. Move from single pot caliper to four pot, two on each side.

ATR CH1 upgrade. Calipers bolt straight on (with carriers). You can probably use your old discs, but you can use ATR discs. These are thicker 300x28mm. Less prone to warping. OEM quality components. Single pot to twin pot - better distribution of brake force - pedal feel?

Suffice to say I went for the ATR upgrade. OEM quality components. Cheaper. Looks std. Now the brakes will inspire confidence and have the force/power to stop you quick when needed.

I can only speak for the ATR upgrade as its the one I went for but agree with Pete's summary. It's easy, straight OEM bolt on and it almost doubles up the pedal feel.

Cheers guys comment, I've already had ATR 2 pots upgrades, it had been 2-3 years now, even they much improved the brake feel, I still thinking the BBK as the look of it, also, I found the ATR when you brake suddenly on fast speed, they tend to be vibrated, but overall, it had been a great upgrade.
For the clearance issue, I use 18" OEM type r rim, hope it provide more room for the dc5 and no need for the spacer.
By the way, very nice of the spoon calipers, looks amazing.,

Didn't someone on here do a Type S upgrade? Brakes from the 2.2 i-DTEC. Think they were bigger again than the ATR set?

Yes mate, is the brodzui who had the ATS 8gen over the ATR 6gen, slightly bigger Caliper, still 2 pistons, still has slider pins and all that, but Nonthing like BBK design, but, for the ATS, that is rare to source anyway.:)

Yeah, that's right. Brodzui did the 6th gen ATR upgrade and really liked it. Then he went 8th gen Type S Caliper and Discs. Two pistons and larger discs and callipers. Said the 8th gen type S is by far the best. However, I think if cost is a factor, it would be easier to get 6th ten ATR brakes from a breakers yard than 8th gen.

Frankly, UKCL9s brakes look beautiful, and I bet they'll rip your face off every time you stamp on them!!! But I imagine they're more a couple hundred quid from a breakers :lol: .

The spoon calipers is way too far from my budget, even though they are huge options available, wilwood, k-sport, stop-tech, they are around £1K, the reason for DC5 is because the design for road and track used, also meet the OEM, the cost for my s2k and genuine brembo pads cost less than £150, even the calipers cost quite a lot £500, so total of £650 for this upgrade.. I need new set of s/s lines for front also bit of brake fluid, in all around £700 I think.. But I have the brembo set rather than aftermarket one.

true but if the s2k disc is 25mm and you use dc5 calipers.then the disc's will warp even easier

i owned a dc5 for nearly 2 years.using stock pads/disc's.the brakes where ok.but not great.

as ppl have already said.on a budget use ATR caliper+carriers+300x28mm disc's+pads.

it will be a good upgrade over stock.if not better than the brembo calipers

spoon sports calipes are basically oem.they are made by nissin the same company who made the ATR calipers,..they can be used on the road or track

Hi, not own a dc5 brembo, so, I don't know about it tend to warp the disc, if this disc warped, will result the wobble through the steering? Any solution not to be warped so easily?use thicker disc? But thicker won't fit? To get a warped disc, it really depend how you drive the car basically, before I fit those brembo, I need to get as many info as possible
The spoon made by nissin, and they are rare too, as far as I know, only you and the guy who want sell his car got those spoon block.i did ask him about selling his block for me on it's own and I soon put the money on Brembo as I don't know when I can wait...

i dont think the dc5 warps disc's as i think the disc is thicker than 25mm.and the car is 200kg lighter.but im not 100% sure

you need to find out if you can use dc5 brembo's with thicker than 25mm disc's and still fit the accord

if icetronix is sell the brembo kit for the accord send them an email asking if you can use thicker disc's

Mate, when I get my brembo next week, I'll trying to put them on with my disc to see. As far as I know, only s2k rotor will let brembo fit into our accord. Or a modification will be needed, will, let find out..

ive just googled dc5 disc's,the front disc size is 25mm.so you are probably right only a 25mm sk2 disc will fit the brembo calipers...

seems a lot of money to spend on trying to upgrade the calipers...but still keeping the weak 25mm disc

whats size disc's do you have?might be time to change your disc's and pads.it might improve things

if your gettting vibration when braking hard then the disc's could be warped

just my 2 pence worth

I've already purchase a s2k rotor as well as the Brembo calipers, will all be arrived next week, the current set up of my front is ATR calipers+OEM disc, so is the thicker one, but currently when under high speed braking, I can hear the braking noice as well as vibrating. I ***uming the ATR calipers need overhaul or rebuilt since I done the upgrade. But I went for brembo as it looks so good, been search around, aftermarket calipers simply can not beat brembo set up. But that is what I've seem, correct me if you got serious set up..
Yes, they are lots of money, but you pay what you get..

I've said already, that is what I've seem from the internet, not making any offence mate, spoon should be good that is reason you gone for this upgrade, I still believe that k sport also amazing set up as bang of the buck, you get most from you money, I'm preparing to rebuild mate, will wait and see how good condition it is..
Well, just a question, for the new brake line, should I buy the DC5 or CL7, is the hose design same?

Well, why you didn't know that! Anyway, I'll find out
A simple google tell me may be I still need the brake line for CL7 because the length, but a banjo bolt that could fit the brembo, I'm sure people from here should know more

Hi, got them, not fit yet, as I took the seal out, and I damages some of them, need a new one, and that was order from US, also, repaint, thinking of yellow or orange colour, and put the new sticker on. :)
Those pistons were absolutely spot on..

Hi guys, apologies if this question has been answered before.

My CL7 has the Accord Type R upgrade at the front (28mm thick discs)

I need to replace my rear discs and pads now. Someone said somewhere that discs and pads from a CL9 will fit a CL7. Obviously searching under CL9 discs /pads does show much more results than under Euro R CL7. There's quite a few listings from EBC discs for CL7. (Are they good?)

Just want to double check that. I was thinking of putting on Brembo discs and pads at the back, but I really don't fancy cutting pads so that it can fit..

alot of people retrofit the Silvia or R32GTR calipers into other makes of cars. Have no idea if they would fit the Accord just putting this out here?

Just looking round and researching everything at the moment here, and thought I'd add my experience with the brake conversion I did on my Subaru Legacy Wagon as it displays a relevant point.

I went from a twin pot, 314mm front to a 4-pot 328mm setup
And then a single pot 298mm to twin pot 314mm rear setup

The relevance of this was that the front brake upgrade alone did very little.
It shifted the bias toward the rear of the car, as proportionally I was now pushing more fluid in the front relative to the rear, and thereby altering the ratio at which the forces were applied.
This was in part balanced by the increased swept are on the disc and the larger pads, but provided no significant improvement in feel or power.

Upon swapping the rears however, this balance was restored, and the front brakes perform as intended. The pedal was very firm, and the feel and power approximately 50% better than stock, and the car stops on a sixpence.

If you're looking to swap the fronts, I'd suggest swapping all four corners from a set that are designed to work together. The difference is like night and day compared to a front swap alone.