What's new

Diesel holding back at 3000 rpm

Kentm111

Reaction score
Car
Accord tourer mk7
Hi all.

Just a little help, recently I have noticed that my diesel is holding back at about 3k. And absolutly no pickup on a small incline at 45mph in 5th. And will not give me more than about 3200 in 5th (107mph aka on a tiny incline)

Equally if you allow a steady throttle build up to about 2500rpm in 1st and then give her full throttle there is absolutley no turbo surge.... most of the time.

I am checking the wastgate tomorrow and the vacuum pipe to the actuator but does anyone else know what else to poke whilst I have a bit of free time?

Use to have a td5 defender so am familiar with various colapsing of hose internals, but not aware of any lined hoses on the N22a unit.

Should say the engines it totally OEM with 158k.

stellamon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i-DTEC
It could be the egr valve is gunked up. My wife had the same symptoms on her Nissan Note 1.5 diesel. Fortunately egr removal was quite easy and it was full of soot. Cleaned it out and it runs really good. I still need to check the feed pipe to it when I get the chance, bit of a longer job that.

F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
Try temporarily blanking your egr, it will throw an error but if the power resumes then you know that’s the issue.

could also be intake flap, turbo or even bad injectors.

bobfish45

Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 estate
Hi all.

Just a little help, recently I have noticed that my diesel is holding back at about 3k. And absolutly no pickup on a small incline at 45mph in 5th. And will not give me more than about 3200 in 5th (107mph aka on a tiny incline)

Equally if you allow a steady throttle build up to about 2500rpm in 1st and then give her full throttle there is absolutley no turbo surge.... most of the time.

I am checking the wastgate tomorrow and the vacuum pipe to the actuator but does anyone else know what else to poke whilst I have a bit of free time?

Use to have a td5 defender so am familiar with various colapsing of hose internals, but not aware of any lined hoses on the N22a unit.

Should say the engines it totally OEM with 158k.
Doesn't sound dissimilar to my problem with ICDTI.