What's new

Drive Belt

jayok

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
CRV / S2000
My Accord 2.4 is in need of a new drive belt, but OEM is pretty steep at €70, whereas I can get this one from fleabay for approximatley, €28.

ebay drive belt

Anyone have any experience of these belts, is the OEM worth the additional cost?

Thanks!

Not sure if mine is same 2.2 diesel tourer got my belt from HH £44 and new shorter belt which takes strain from alternator

Would pop in to a motor factors and pick up a 'Gates' belt, will be oem quality and much cheaper than Honda. Get a trade price if possible and could be cheaper than eBay too!

Not sure if mine is same 2.2 diesel tourer got my belt from HH £44 and new shorter belt which takes strain from alternator
The 2.4 belt wasn't revised AFAIK - the bearings aren't a failure point for this engine.

Would pop in to a motor factors and pick up a 'Gates' belt, will be oem quality and much cheaper than Honda. Get a trade price if possible and could be cheaper than eBay too!

Thanks - I'll check that. I ***ume a decent Motor Factors will be able to source the correct one once I supply the Make/Model/Engine type?

The 2.4 belt wasn't revised AFAIK - the bearings aren't a failure point for this engine.

Thanks - I'll check that. I ***ume a decent Motor Factors will be able to source the correct one once I supply the Make/Model/Engine type?
I think mine was a gates belt sourced from a motor factors and at a lot cheaper price than genuine Honda. Been on the car for at least 10k and so far perfect. Just give them the details of your car, registration number usually does it and they should give you the correct belt.

I think mine was a gates belt sourced from a motor factors and at a lot cheaper price than genuine Honda. Been on the car for at least 10k and so far perfect. Just give them the details of your car, registration number usually does it and they should give you the correct belt.

Just found a local one online - I note the also recommend replacing the tensioner - is this recommended?

Yep they should be able to! gates make belts and tensioners for all makes and are big in oem stuff. Would check their website about the tensioners, if your worried pick one up on sale/return basis and check the condition of yours when you do the belt. Check for smoothness and wear and if it needs replacing do so, can always take it back if not needed!

Holdcroft sold me a auxilliary belt for 24 pounds deliverd.

Give them a call.

Really impressed with their service.

Well folks a Gates belt ordered and delivered for €26. Certainly cheaper than a Genuine one.... :)

Gates belts are top quality, you'll be fine with that. Being a aux belt also a lot less risk involved.

genuine is going to be expensive but your garanteed a fit but if you do go after market try Gates belts there the closest your going to get to a Honda one

genuine is going to be expensive but your garanteed a fit but if you do go after market try Gates belts there the closest your going to get to a Honda one

Well I order and fitted a Gates drive belt - even chucked up a DIY about it too.

The Gates fitted perfectly and was significantly cheaper than the Honda one. From the code on the Genuine Belt I removed, it matched the Gates one, so it seems that standard codes are applied to belts.