What's new

eBay USB & 3.5mm Adapter Install - 7th Gen

ConnorN

Members
Reaction score
Well, after much searching through the forum, I decided a Xcarlink solutions was what I needed. However, I didn't want to spend Xcarlink money, so I settled on this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aux-in-Adapter-Audio-Cable-For-Honda-Odyssey-Accord-Fit-City-USB-3-5mm-Jack-/321837531271?hash=item4aef030087:g:CTAAAOSwI-BWLFqG - £18.95 at time of purchase

I have the Premium Sound System, built-in 6CD changer, non-sat nav model H/U.

Getting the dash panels off was easy enough, using the many helpful guides already on the forum

The unit, I think, is very good for the money. I plugged my phone in using the 3.5mm jack firstly, to test the unit. There was a small amount of noise interference, very slight and the volume had to be up louder than the radio or CD for similar levels.

However, the USB in great. I haven't found any noise interferance, I can use the steering wheel controls to change the tracks, and up to now, I have 18 folders, or 'CDs', which the H/U has no problem reading.

Also noted, the device picks up where it left off, after the source being changed, or engine cut off.

Heres a few photos I took while installing:

Only time will tell the length of useful service, but for now it works great.

I've got this exact same version. It's lasted 2 years and still going strong. Some USB sticks will give give you a second or two of pausing at seemingly random places. SanDisk Cruzer blade does this. I stopped using that in favour of another (can't remember off the top of my head).

I've put it into the concealed port. I'm thinking now to make the USB and aux cables pop out of the cigarette extinguisher as the concealed port is totally taken up.

Edit. Sorry, it's not Cruzer blade that doesn't work, it's a micro sd reader:

EognX02_d.jpg

This is how I got it into my tray:
Jo5cgft_d.jpg

I got the same device on my Accord, sound is clear however volume needs to be increased more than normal.

DrSam said:
I got the same device on my Accord, sound is clear however volume needs to be increased more than normal.
I have just installed this and I'm not getting any sound at all..???

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Timberfake said:
I have just installed this and I'm not getting any sound at all..???

Turn off engine, release USB stick, connect aux cable turn engine on and verify issue is with USB connection rather than cable installation. I get issues sometimes when switching USB sticks

Economic said:
Turn off engine, release USB stick, connect aux cable turn engine on and verify issue is with USB connection rather than cable installation. I get issues sometimes when switching USB sticks
Tried that.. and with 3.5 jack...

Timberfake said:
Tried that.. and with 3.5 jack...

Have you pressed the CD/AUX to cycle through the options on the headuint?

DrSam said:
Have you pressed the CD/AUX to cycle through the options on the headuint?
Yes done that.. the blue light is on so power is going to the box part but its as if the its not reading from the 2 leads coming out as my USB has a blue light and that didn't light up....

Timberfake said:
Yes done that.. the blue light is on so power is going to the box part but its as if the its not reading from the 2 leads coming out as my USB has a blue light and that didn't light up....

Just thinking if it's a faulty unit or connection. Mines worked first time. Initially i had it installed in my civic then moved it to my Accord.

DrSam said:
Just thinking if it's a faulty unit or connection. Mines worked first time. Initially i had it installed in my civic then moved it to my Accord.
I've contacted the seller... see what happens tomoz ..

Cheers for replies ..

Timberfake said:
I've contacted the seller... see what happens tomoz ..

Cheers for replies ..

Let us know how you get on, I'll make a YouTube video to show mines working. Just let me know.

Where are you? I'm in London if you want to swap devices to determine where the fault lies?

The seller has asked me to try a million things which I already have so took it out again today and still nothing they want photos and videos etc... south wales...

They offering me refund I've said I'd prefer a replacement but they rekon it doesn't fit my car its not a problem with the item....

I've also got this, and sound quality from USB is good, jack is certainly good enough although only tried it on my phone.

I've found the disk/track number seems to be completely random, or near enough. Discs 3-9 and the track order seems to go 6, 11, 3, 1, 10... As I say, near enough random.

ALSO it doesn't pickup where it left off at all, every time I stop/start the car it just seems to start in a random place. It's still better than nothing and it's cheap enough I don't really care, but anyone else had that, and/or any ideas?

It's certainly decent enough that I'm not fussed about spending an extra £50 or whatever on a posher one, although when listening to an hour long podcast and you stop/turn off 50 mins in, it's definitely frustrating having to find where you were again after!

tonedepear said:
I've also got this, and sound quality from USB is good, jack is certainly good enough although only tried it on my phone.

I've found the disk/track number seems to be completely random, or near enough. Discs 3-9 and the track order seems to go 6, 11, 3, 1, 10... As I say, near enough random.

ALSO it doesn't pickup where it left off at all, every time I stop/start the car it just seems to start in a random place. It's still better than nothing and it's cheap enough I don't really care, but anyone else had that, and/or any ideas?

It's certainly decent enough that I'm not fussed about spending an extra £50 or whatever on a posher one, although when listening to an hour long podcast and you stop/turn off 50 mins in, it's definitely frustrating having to find where you were again after!
I don't have the issues you are facing. Mine ALWAYS starts where it left off and even sometimes when the USB stick is removed and replaced (but not always), and the order is not random (although I would like the ability to have it randomized) you have to remember that order is not in terms of filename but in terms of copy timestamp. You can get software that changes the metadata or you can just recopy the albums into a new folder ensuring the order you want.

Economic said:
I don't have the issues you are facing. Mine ALWAYS starts where it left off and even sometimes when the USB stick is removed and replaced (but not always), and the order is not random (although I would like the ability to have it randomized) you have to remember that order is not in terms of filename but in terms of copy timestamp. You can get software that changes the metadata or you can just recopy the albums into a new folder ensuring the order you want.
I'd read up before, so I very carefully copied all the chapters of the audio book I was putting on in the right order, but nope. And it definitely picks up a different track/disc/timestamp with every cycle of the power, so if I turn the igntion on it'll start on say, disk 6 track 4, then I start the car and it cuts power while starting, and it'll be halfway through disc 3 track 2. Or, whatever. I think I'm probably bettter served with a small mp3 player for podcasts and books just to save my place. No complaints otherwise, seems like I've just been unlucky.

Mine was: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aux-in-Adapter-Audio-Cable-For-Honda-Odyssey-Accord-Fit-City-USB-3-5mm-Jack/252994657349

In case that's relevant, but I guess they're all basically the same until you jump up to the next price range.

Unless I'm formatting the filenames/directories wrong? I put a stick with a load of random music on and it behaved the same, so I wonder if I've done my cd01 / cd02 wrong?

Well my device looks exactly the same. I wonder if there are different software versions. Highly unlikely but not entirely impossible. I really don't know what to say. I know what you mean about the audio book frustration.