What's new

EGR Valve

Nathylad

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 Accord Sport
I've been told by my garage that my EGR valve needs replacing. Honda want to charge £350+VAT for it with my garage then charging labour on top of that.

The garage have asked me if I can source a second hand one so if anyone can point me in the direction of anyone that has one going? Let me know and I'll happily pay for it.

Hi there!

Are you sure the EGR is bad? I would try to clean it first, together with the EGR plate...

This is on a petrol 6th gen yes?

Yeah it's on a petrol one.
The garage have cleaned it out before which turns the engine management light off but then a couple of days later, the light is back on again. It's happened twice now.

Just search eBay there will be one going. Luckily it's an old car now so parts shouldn't be too pricey

It's unusual for an egr to fail on a petrol car but not unheard of

Hi, just to reiterate what skhell said- have you cleaned the egr plate too? That makes up the second component of the egr 'loop' so if you've got a sooted up egr valve, you most likely have a sooted up plate too. Check out the diy guide for egr plate cleaning on here...
I decided to do mine, but got the valve off and found it was clear. Can I ***ume the plate is clear too? Looked a bit of a fiddly job if it wasn't needed. My 1.8 is rather 'hesitant' at times and was wondering if it was this? My other thought is an O2 sensor... Any thoughts out there?

I use 24/7 parts, see Google.. is the new going to the breakers :)

Fill in the details and wait for quotes to come piling in