What's new

Engine Oil Change

stonking

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Exc
Hi, I have a 2009 diesel Accord. Where is the engine oil drain plug? Do I have to remove the big plate underneath the engine? My oil 2004 Accord just had a small panel you removed.

Thanks

Stephen

Not sure mate, you will have to have a look under the car. Maybe put a pic up for us to work out. I would imagine there is a small panel just like the 7th gen but not sure though.

If the diesel is the same as the petrol there is a plastic panel is the middle of the big one.
Remove the 8 bolts from memory and the drain plug is there

Sorry, No small plastic panel and the nuts on the big aluminium panel (about 3) just turn so I do not want to force them unless I know those are the ones that need to come off. Most annoying this.

Sorry, No small plastic panel and the nuts on the big aluminium panel (about 3) just turn so I do not want to force them unless I know those are the ones that need to come off. Most annoying this.
Just had a check and on the diesel you need to remove the Aluminum panel.There should be 7 bolts in total.

Brett

Many thanks, I will have a good look at the weekend when I will get it up on ramps as opposed to just jacking it up and then I guess it will be a case of grabbing the nut sort thing with vice grips and the bolts with my 10mm socket.

Ta Stephen